My wife just told me what I'm getting for father's day...

Got it this weekend..... silly me thought that unassembled would be easier to load and unload.

Well, that part was true... but then I opened the box thinking it would be mostly complete, just attach the legs. Oooh boy was I wrong. It was sooo many parts and every little thing needed to be assembled. I'm not even kidding when I say it took 2 1/2 hours to assemble. It was satisfying once it was done.

Made jalapeno cheddar burgers on charcoal as well as steaks. MMmm..... I spent much of last night floating in the hot tub in a meat coma.

Also, if you've never used a Charcoal Chimney, I highly recommend one.

k2-_dbf8266f-28a5-4198-acb4-778819679c44.v1.jpg

No lighter fluid or any other special stuff to light the charcoal. We used pure chunk charcoal (cowboy charcoal) and put it in the chimney. Lit the side burner and placed the chimney over the flame. Within a few seconds it was smoking. Turned off the burner and waited until the smoke subsided and it was just flaming hot coals. Then you just pour the hot coals into the charcoal side, place the cooking grates and close the top. Within a few minutes it was 500 degrees and I never used any lighter fluid, newspaper, or anything else.

I totally agree with the charcoal chimney. Without a doubt, it's the easiest way to get the charcoal started.

I saw a very similar grill (if not the same one) at Sams Club this weekend. Super nice! I'll be interested to see how well the smoker works if you ever decide to use it (and you should).

I got that same duo for combo bday/father day last summer. My wife loved it. i don't think she cooked more than a meal or 2 all summer. Buy a pizza stone, too. The smoker box is fun if you like to make pulled pork or ribs.

have fun.

Back