My son just got his driver's license!

I turned 16 on March 31, 1991.

I had my driver's license and a date with a cute girl on April 1, 1991.

In my way of thinking back then, driver's license = dates with cute girls.

Hey, it worked once.

when i got my license, gas was around 40 cents a gallon and i got to be the person who sat in the line to get gas in the family cars during the oil embargo of '73

I got mine at 15. It was what they called a "hardship" license. I qualified because I had livestock to feed.
images
:embarrassed:

Kinda' like Prages said, having a car actually made a difference in the freshman chick world even with a VW.
Karmann_Ghia_Red_sf11.jpg

A Karmann Ghia would have pulled some tail at my high school.

I drove my dad's 1989 Ford Ranger 4x2 long bed. :embarrassed:

Wow...That's old...

My 21 year old daughter bought her first car a few weeks ago and had her first fender bender last week...Wasn't her fault though..

But still...

I turned 16 on March 31, 1991.

I had my driver's license and a date with a cute girl on April 1, 1991.

In my way of thinking back then, driver's license = dates with cute girls.

Hey, it worked once.

:grin:

In my high school you got your license right when you turned 16, period.

These days I hear a lot from friends etc. about kids who don't care that much and put it off. Big paradigm shift.

These days I hear a lot from friends etc. about kids who don't care that much and put it off. Big paradigm shift.

well....when you stay in CONSTANT contact with everyone you know on yer smart phone......don't really need a car to go see/talk to friends.

My nephew didn't get his until 19 and even then didn't want it. His dad was killed in a car accident and he was scared to drive

Awe,that sucks...Hope he's ok now...

He's doing good. I worked with him practicing to get it. He was scared but he passed. He was a real nervous driver for a while-almost to the point he was dangerous. But he's good now. Poor kid was 8 when it happened

This is way true. Saint Jr turns 21 on Sunday.

Back