My photos from the 2016 Concours du Soleil, let me show you them.

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
I'm cutting Mark a little slack on the bandwidth abuse and just linking to the album this time.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23310531@N04/albums/72157670749988263

DSC_3730.jpg

DSC_3776.jpg

DSC_3651.jpg

DSC_3785.jpg

Looks like a nice venue. Not crowded at all.

It's a charity event that's held every year at a private residence on the same street I live on, but we might as well live on different planets. This neighborhood dates back long before any sort of zoning regulations or restrictions, so you have sprawling estates like his next to little casitas like mine, plus everything in between.

I forget which cars are his, but I know he owns the Ferrari F40 and the '59 Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series I. I think the yellow Daytona is his as well but I'm not certain.

It's more crowded than the photos would make it appear—I try to wait for the moments when no one's around a particular car before I shoot. That said, it's a totally manageable crowd and it's a great vibe. Lots of genuine car freaks and the owners are more than happy to talk about them all afternoon.

It's more crowded than the photos would make it appear—I try to wait for the moments when no one's around a particular car before I shoot. That said, it's a totally manageable crowd and it's a great vibe. Lots of genuine car freaks and the owners are more than happy to talk about them all afternoon.

It's definitely easier to do that at specialty events that don't draw large amounts of the general public. People are more aware and respectful about staying out of your shot.

....like this shot of a Shelby SCC Aero
bmPUBKb.png

There were like 10 guys all standing back, waiting to get a shot of this car that eventually gave up....like the guy with the camera in his hand walking off. He was muttering all sorts of fuckety fuck fuck. :grin:

It's definitely easier to do that at specialty events that don't draw large amounts of the general public. People are more aware and respectful about staying out of your shot.

....like this shot of a Shelby SCC Aero

There were like 10 guys all standing back, waiting to get a shot of this car that eventually gave up....like the guy with the camera in his hand walking off. He was muttering all sorts of fuckety fuck fuck. :grin:

Yep. Charging admission keeps The Poors at bay. You simply cannot have The Great Unwashed milling about on your property.

The Santa Fe Concorso next weekend (I'll be attending and posting photos) will make this seem like a bargain by comparison, but the collection of automobiles on display is commensurate with the ticket price.

Back