My one and only. Help me choose.

Find an older Crate VC30. Great clean and overdrive channels. Although, if you get a combo you'll have to wire up some cables for an attenuator as these are wired straight from the output transformer to the speakers.

Peavey Classic 30 (you can't have an amp thread without someone mentioning it). $250 - $350 used. Put the saved money into pedals.

I appreciate all the responses. I'm researching. Heading out to play a few of these when I get my next day off of work. Sometime around the 4th of never.

Peavey Classic 30 (you can't have an amp thread without someone mentioning it). $250 - $350 used. Put the saved money into pedals.

My searching has come up with $450 and up used. What the heck? A few as low as $400 but none in the $250 to $350 range.
I dig the sound of them though.

My searching has come up with $450 and up used. What the heck? A few as low as $400 but none in the $250 to $350 range.
I dig the sound of them though.
There are a couple on Chicago CL right now - one for $350 and the other for $375. I haven't really kept up on the market prices for them recently, however. Asking prices may have crept up over the past few years.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/5583960340.html

I live in South Carolina. But I get your point. :thumbup:

I knew you were not in Chicago, but I wanted you to know I wasn't just making it up. Perhaps those ads will give you ammo to negotiate a better price on one in your area. You can always make an offer for one on Reverb and see what happens.

Peavey Classic prices have been creeping upwards around here, but are still under $450 before negotiation :). Haven't seen one under $300 in quite a while.

I don't get the Bassbteaker love. Maybe I need to try one in person, but all the clips I've heard sound wretched.

Dig you see this one:

I thought it sounded pretty good. I kind of work off the idea that if it sounds decent compressed for a web-ready video and through computer speakers it probably sounds much better in person. It also helps that one of the Pedal Show guys is there and saying good things. He seems to have good ears. The other guy gets some really nice tones too.

But it's all about our ears and what sounds good to us. I would buy an 18/30 head ASAP (meaning within a couple of yeras) were it available.

Ima sujest looking into the Bassbreaker series. Here's a video for the Bassbreaker 15 head or combo that shows a variety of sounds available directly from the amp coming from a range of players within popular music genres:

I'm super interested in the 18/30, but I'd rather it as a head or one 12 combo, not the two 12 combo, but here's that video:

this was going to be my suggestion as well. I haven't gotten to try one out myself, but people are freaking out over these things.

this was going to be my suggestion as well. I haven't gotten to try one out myself, but people are freaking out over these things.

I played the 18/30 at GC this weekend. If it came in a head version, I would buy it. The combo is huge.

Dig you see this one:

I thought it sounded pretty good. I kind of work off the idea that if it sounds decent compressed for a web-ready video and through computer speakers it probably sounds much better in person. It also helps that one of the Pedal Show guys is there and saying good things. He seems to have good ears. The other guy gets some really nice tones too.

But it's all about our ears and what sounds good to us. I would buy an 18/30 head ASAP (meaning within a couple of yeras) were it available.

Yeah, I'm still not into that at all.

They don't get much press, but I have a Panama Shaman and their oversized 12in cab. That's a very good amp and comes with an attenuator in the cab.

I came across a jcm900 with 4x12 cab for $200 on the local Craigslist. No, I didn't type that wrong. Pics look good but he's not responding to inquiries. It's either stolen or broken.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm still not into that at all.

I can appreciate that. What I like is the concept and price point. I would definitely want to play through it before committing to it, but I think I can get that to work for me. Since I have a Blues DeVille 2x12, I have NO need for this amp, except maybe to be able to play a nice tube amp set a hair above 1...The DeVille is fucking load as hell as soon as it's even slightly open.

I can appreciate that. What I like is the concept and price point. I would definitely want to play through it before committing to it, but I think I can get that to work for me. Since I have a Blues DeVille 2x12, I have NO need for this amp, except maybe to be able to play a nice tube amp set a hair above 1...The DeVille is fucking load as hell as soon as it's even slightly open.

See, I don't dig the Blues DeVille either.

See, I don't dig the Blues DeVille either.

I don't like the DeVille either, but I really liked the 18/30 when I played one last weekend. It may have had more to do with the awesome Gretsch I was playing, but it still sounded good. And I only played it clean though, so it may sound like shit in the overdrive channel like the hot rod deluxes.

Back