My next pedal...

Alex W

Pork and Beans connoisseur
I have wanted a Russian Muff ever since stores were trying to get rid of them in the 90's (I always thought the wood box they cam in was cool, don't ask me why). Since the prices of the originals has gone nuts, and none of the clones have ever really caught my fancy I haven't been able to find a substitute... until I played this bad boy

I have wanted a Russian Muff ever since stores were trying to get rid of them in the 90's (I always thought the wood box they cam in was cool, don't ask me why). Since the prices of the originals has gone nuts, and none of the clones have ever really caught my fancy I haven't been able to find a substitute... until I played this bad boy

I have rated on the forums that the closest sounding clone is the Red Mudd by Tym Guitars
image.jpg

It might be easier and slightly cheaper to go your route.

I don't really know the difference between the different flavors of the Big Muff :embarrassed: but the Wren and Cuff Box of War is awesome. I have never played that one, but if the BOW is any indication of the rest of their line, it should be killer.

The Bass Big Muff is the same circuit as the tall font Russian Muff from what I understand, but it has a three-way selector switch to choose between regular, bass boosted, and bass boosted with clean mixed.

Check out @warriorpoet. He could build you whichever variation of the circuit you want. Once I get my finances fixed from the post-Christmas crisis I'm going to have him build me a "Gilmour In a Box", which would be a violet ram's head BMP circuit with an appropriate OD with both activated simultaneously by one switch.

Back