My next Partscaster begins

Pine Apple Slim

Kick Henry Jackassowski
strat%20body_zpsegjjoaiz.jpg

Plywood Squier. I don't mind. I have a tele thats ply and sounds great. Top loading hardtail.
I bid $32 on it. Think my chances are pretty good. Who wants a beat up plywood hardtail Squier anyway?

Will just need to source a nice neck.
Will Allparts or Mighty Mite or Stew Mac fit the Squier pocket without a whole bunch of finagling?

I'll just spray on some more black if it looks too bad. Depending on my final bridge choice I may need to drill for string thru.
I'm gonna put 2 low inductance Bill&Becky L90s or L500s w 3 way and master vol & tone, or I may go for 2 L500XLs to bring the rawk, and install a Q Filter for versatility. Think that would actually be better and more practical than splitting the coils. Bills designs are not your average humbucker. They got plenty highs. (Mids and lows too for that matter.) HiFi pickups. They work great with any amp or effects chain.

Originally thought I'd do something really different outta brass, but if not, I'm thinking brushed alum or aged white. Tort on black is a good look tho.

As in brass or aluminum pickguard?
Those look killer.
Saw a pic of a copper one recently that was pretty wicked, too.

Yea I've found rolls of foil and various thickness sheets of brass and copper on the bay at reasonable prices.
I was originally thinking kinda a cross between Garcia' Alligator and Tiger/Rosebud type guard. Some kinda abbreviated unique shape.
But that was when I was thinking natural or stained oil finish. Since this one is black I'll have to rethink.

Got the body for $30 bucks. As advertised. Just a few honest dings. A little on the thin side, plywood, weighs 3.8 lbs. decent looking top load bridge. S NOP 2000 stamped in pocket. Prob an Affinity or Bullet from 2000?
image.jpg3_zpsiv6d0xim.jpg

All the parts are ordered and should arrive by end of next week.
I got the tung oiled maple Allparts neck from Modern Saint, complete with tuners.
I've decided to forgo any custom parts for now and just get it together and see how I like it.
I ordered a preloaded Dragonfire HH pickguard in blue pearl w black pups and knobs, and a switch craft output jack.
All I'll have to do is bolt on the neck and solder the jack, mount the pickguard and set er up.
Total I've got in this thing is $239.00
But just for kicks I ordered a small $10 assortment of stickers that I thought might look good with the blue pearl guard.

So it will be HH (hot ceramic Dragonfire buckers)1v 1T, 3 way, hard tail top loading black body w blue pearl guard, black knobs, maple neck, and maybe a sticker.
Not bad for a down and dirty rock machine.

If I really like how it plays then I'll make it a more versatile full time player with some Bill n Becky pups.

Back