Dig it! My next amp - made by real musicians.

Wait...

...are you guys making fun of Kirk Hammet?

When was the last time you recorded a multiplatinum trash-fest and filled Stadiums around the world?!?

Of course I'm just kidding. I don't cares none iffen anybodies make funzies of the hamster.

Objectively, I don't care for the rhythm or lead channels, but they have been voiced to his liking (although we must keep in mind that his ears have been likely been ravaged from the decades of touring). And the color scheme bit was kinda silly, but whatever. Not something I would ever consider buying, but I'm not a metal guy.

Is it made to rock hard?

neckplate.jpeg

Wasn't this the sig model he released right after Metallica admitted that they had switched to Axe FX?

Yeah, but if they can afford paying Kirk Hammett couldn't they spare a few dollars more to make the amp actually sound good (or a better demo)?

The demo sounds not so good.....dunno if that's just the video or KH actually spec'd the amp tone like that. The guy that designed it, Mike Fortin, knows his way around a high gain amp or two.
Looks like it's a variant on the Meathead/667 https://reverb.com/news/reverb-spotlight-mike-fortin-on-the-randall-667

He's also designed the George Lynch, Scott Ian and Ola E sigs

Is there any evidence of Hammet using one of these live or in the studio? I checked some video clips but they never seem to show his rig (aside from the obvious wahs).

Is there any evidence of Hammet using one of these live or in the studio? I checked some video clips but they never seem to show his rig (aside from the obvious wahs).
Now that you mention it, I've never seen him actually playing one.
I recently watched the Metallica documentary and don't recall seeing one in their studio. I may have missed it though, to be fair. They had a shit ton of gear.

Back