My new rig (first in)

profgalen

Helper
2b680b40e19109186fa5d31e7cde86a1.jpg
35e125d14a74139675bc490b0caf611e.jpg

A local store here in SoFla known for their extensive selection of pedals held an event today. Just before it started the Tech21 rep hand delivered three of these Fly-Rig 5s. One was set-up for demo one was raffled off and I bought the other. Several hours later I was gigging it. It did every thing it was supposed to do and it did it very very well. It likes a clean amp or straight into a mixer. I used my Poly-Tone Mini-Brute. I do need a Uni-Vibe for some songs so I stuck one in front. My life just got simpler. Really impressed with the sound, but then I've always liked Tech21. Took me about 20 minutes to tweak everything in. I know none of the big stores have got these in yet so I may have been one of the first to gig one of these. I like every thing except the little tiny knobs are kind of tough to work with my fat fingers.
P.S. sorry about the really bad cellphone pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here's a helpful hint if you should get a Fly-Rig5. As I mentioned the knobs are tiny. I went to Home Depot and bought 10 feet of 3/16 id X 5/16 od clear vinyl hose ($3). I cut little ringlets approximately 1/8" long. A little tight. DON'T FORCE THEM. Just stretch them open using needle nose pliers. They'll stay stretched for a second or two. Drop them over the knobs and they contract tightly on the knob. It is now much easier to turn the knobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back