My new favorite drink...

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I found these over in England, and they are delicious :beer:

45458011_H.jpg

The mixed fruit one was very good, but the Summer Fruit one is heaven in a glass.

They don't sell 'em in the States though :cry:

Nice.

Cider seems to be the big thing up here right now.
I saw a lot of it when I was out in BC in the summer and started seeing a lot more here in Ontario since.
Even the local craft breweries are onto it.

My first thought was, "Eww", it that was based on a many-years-ago experience with really bad cider.
What's available now is really very good stuff.

I don't drink but I see a lot of commercials for this type of thing. Especially Leinenkuegels Summer Shandy-lemonade mixed in. My thought is it sounds gross. But everyone I know that drinks the stuff says it's great. Not something you'd drink a case of in a night but a few here and there

Looks awfully wine coolery to me, man. cop0

They are, but better :)

My friend Tom, who also went on the trip along with his wife and my brother & sister in-law, said he wasn't a wine cooler drinker. So he ordered a beer. I had plenty left in my bottle after I poured it into the glass with ice, so he tried some. After he finished his beer he went up and got a Kopparberg cider too. We were drinking them the rest of the trip, my brother too, and he rarely drinks alchohol.

Kopparbergs are just plain good, wine-cooler haters be damned :embarrassed:

I don't drink but I see a lot of commercials for this type of thing. Especially Leinenkuegels Summer Shandy-lemonade mixed in. My thought is it sounds gross. But everyone I know that drinks the stuff says it's great. Not something you'd drink a case of in a night but a few here and there

Summer Shandy is really good, but I don't care much for their other shandys, especially the berry ones (the berry taste is waaaaaay too overpowering).

Fair enough if you like them but I hate these things with a passion, due to our laws they are sold as cider when they patently aren't and are just alcopops. Along with every other one taking up valuable proper cider or even beer space in our supermarkets

/rant

I tried that Summer Shandy lemonade thing. Absolutely horrid. I tossed the remainders in the trash.

I enjoy one once in a while, important word being 1, any more than that and the sugar makes me want to throw up.

Alcoholic ginger beers on the other hand :love:

One of my favorite liquor stores in the area just started carrying this cider. It's Julian Black & Blue - apple cider plus blackberry and blueberry. It's very sour and there is not much sweetness at all. Kind of a like a very sour candy. But it gets you drunk. I recommend this wholeheartedly. Granted, I haven't tried drinking a whole bottle on my own.

image.axd

Back