My NAD iPhone demo video of the Kustom Defender 50

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member

And my camera crew:

10446250_10152542361497425_550288116308384098_o.jpg

I'll have to watch it when I get home from dinner. I am gonna go out on a limb and say your sounds better than mine :grin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

Definitely better sounding than the Blackhearts. If I were to buy one for myself I'd immediately swap out the speaker...I ran the amp through the cab I use for my Suhr and it sounded much better. Whatever is in it now is a little shrill.

Thanks guys!

Definitely better sounding than the Blackhearts. If I were to buy one for myself I'd immediately swap out the speaker...I ran the amp through the cab I use for my Suhr and it sounded much better. Whatever is in it now is a little shrill.

It may just need to be broken in. Mine is a tad shrill too but the one I had before, I bought used and it wasn't. Come to think of it, I think it had a celestion in it. BI also swapped tubes on the last one. I may drop a new speaker in there. I have a celestion and an eminence in other cabs that bother sound pretty good.

It may just need to be broken in. Mine is a tad shrill too but the one I had before, I bought used and it wasn't. Come to think of it, I think it had a celestion in it. BI also swapped tubes on the last one. I may drop a new speaker in there. I have a celestion and an eminence in other cabs that bother sound pretty good.

I'm not going to bother getting a speaker for either one...we'll see what a couple of months of classroom miles do for it first :)

Yours will get broken in much faster than mine.

And it fucking died already :facepalm:

Seriously? You don't have any of the EQ knobs all the way down do you? They were all rolled down when I fired mine up and no sound came out. I had the volume, master and boost all mid way up and nothing. I rolled the bass up a hair and it almost knocked me over.

No, I had that experience too. I turned it on for a student and it made some strange noise for a second like maybe a cap way discharging and then it got super noisy. I looked in the back and one of the power tunes was strobing all kinds of colors like crazy and then it started to smell like burnt electronics.

No, I had that experience too. I turned it on for a student and it made some strange noise for a second like maybe a cap way discharging and then it got super noisy. I looked in the back and one of the power tunes was strobing all kinds of colors like crazy and then it started to smell like burnt electronics.
that blows.

yeah. Makes me nervous about the other one but it seemed to work fine for the class that Tyler taught last night.

I put a good hour on mine yesterday. My old one got a ton of use. I played about 9 hours straight through it one day at a friends house. I even ran my bass through it.

I put a good hour on mine yesterday. My old one got a ton of use. I played about 9 hours straight through it one day at a friends house. I even ran my bass through it.
It might have just been a bad tube going but I don't have anything to drop in and try.

hopefully that is all it is. Either way, MF will replace it, though it is a pain in the ass to pack up and ship it back.
Yeah...I'll need to contact them this morning. I've never had a return before.

Actually, the last time I posted about a problem with Musicians Friend they found me through an automated Google alert. Possibly Musicians Friends customer service people will find this thread. Musicians Friend.

Yeah...I'll need to contact them this morning. I've never had a return before.

Actually, the last time I posted about a problem with Musicians Friend they found me through an automated Google alert. Possibly Musicians Friends customer service people will find this thread. Musicians Friend.

I don't mean MF is a pain to return to, I just hate having to ship anything back. Their process is really easy and only take a few minutes.

Back