My Moms' trumpet.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
10502379_10152672767217425_2358249468589205861_n.jpg

a 1929 Frank Holton horn that she bought in 1948. She gave it to me few years ago since she wasn't able to play anymore and I've had it here in the attic at work until today. I did promise her I'd start playing again so here it is. :)

Cool horn. You gonna give it a go? I have a Hohner harmonica and chromonica my Pop played in a NY street band when he was a kid in the 1930's.

My daughter told me tonight that she wants to learn five instruments; guitar, violin, trumpet, mandolin and piano. I thought it was odd that she thought of a trumpet because she doesn't see trumpets that often.

I saw the thread title and went looking for the thread which this may have been a parody of. Then I clicked on it and realized it's not a parody.

Naturally relic'd, too.

Probably worth a mint.

Actually its probably not worth that much. There are some pretty dicey repairs on it from where my step brother dropped in when he used it in school band.
Cool horn. You gonna give it a go? I have a Hohner harmonica and chromonica my Pop played in a NY street band when he was a kid in the 1930's.
I played trumpet, trombone, baritone and tuba from 7th grade through 12th. Its just been a long time since I've played any of them....
Nice!

Where I live, a horn player can always get a gig.

You're obviously not from around here :tongue:

Cool! This was Mrs. G's grandfather's horn. He played in jazz bands around Tulsa in the 20's with it.

image.jpg

Like an idiot, I sold my Bach Stradivarius trumpet after high school because it wasn't rock n roll enough. :facepalm:

Back