Hm.

Why can't you just use their regular ABY pedal? What's the difference?

153931000000000-00-500x5001.jpg

Why can't you just use their regular ABY pedal? What's the difference?

153931000000000-00-500x5001.jpg
I was thinking that you could remote switch it from my ES-8 but I don't see an external switch jack now that I'm looking at more pictures. I must have misunderstood the ad copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is a setting for A + B mix-bypass. The only drawback is you can only do A or B, then adjust the knob to donA + B. If you needed both options footswitchable, there is the Morley for around $60.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ABY

Yeah, I want the "both" option. You can find the Radial Bigshot used for around $65. The Morley goes for about $35. I do like the extra functionality of the Radial though, and wonder if the version in the OP is worth the difference.

I was thinking that you could remote switch it from my ES-8 but I don't see an external switch jack now that I'm looking at more pictures. I must have misunderstood the ad copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah don't think you can remote control it, so you would have to place it somewhere where it would be easily accessible.

Mark... you can use your switcher pedal to switch amps. keep the last channel of the switcher open.... then use it as a send with no return and you'll have two different outputs for two different amps.

If one of your amps has a parallel effects loop, you could even switch it on and then use it for the return and do both amps at the same time.

The ABY is passive.... the blue one has an active buffer. Otherwise they're the same.

Plus LED indicators and the ISO is 'balanced' or whatever to eliminate any tone impact when it's engaged. Radial also has a powered version of the Bigshot w/ LED indicators.

Mark... you can use your switcher pedal to switch amps. keep the last channel of the switcher open.... then use it as a send with no return and you'll have two different outputs for two different amps.

If one of your amps has a parallel effects loop, you could even switch it on and then use it for the return and do both amps at the same time.
I'd have to think about that. Right now my switcher is full will stuff that I actually need to use.

I've used the one pictured below for about a year. It's 50 bucks. Because I just use it in the studio I don't even use the battery or use a power supply because I don't need the LED. Reading the reviews, people have had issues but I haven't noticed any bleed or failures. Nor has there been any noise or volume reduction. It just works.

upload_2017-4-26_21-10-49.png

Back