My "making a record" diary.

Meeting Gary and Scott this afternoon at the college that Gary teaches at to record some B3 for one song since they have a real one with a full sized Leslie there.

image.jpg

Keys tonight. Here is Gary playing Wurlitzer with one hand and Clavinet on the midi controller with the other:

null_zps56628bf5.jpg

Last edited:
Strange feeling today. Scott and Gary are getting together to finish up the keyboards without me since I can't make it on a day where they are both available. I think its the first recording done on the album I haven't been present for. It'll rock I'm sure but its still a little strange feeling. Can't wait to hear!

Got to hear two of the songs this morning. I especially dig the solo Gary played on Subterrania (The Prize). I wanna know how they got that sound.

THAT's where the Epiphone amp went! I've missed it in class.
Actually thatis Scotts. mine has been in the voice classroom just to clean the room up a little bit. I think its for sale. I haven't totally decided yet.

Oooooh.... really? I love that amp. Its absence has motivated me to bring my own amp in which has been fun because I rarely hear it above bedroom levels.

Suddenly everything's gone into overdrive now that the holidays are over. Re-amping bass and guitars on Friday, hopefully recording the horn section January 12, immediately into mastering and then discs by NAMM. Scott has a handful of tunes already mixed as of today and I just sent info about the album art to Mr tgk03.

And I'm wrapping up my book based on the album right now too :)

Reactions: Tig
Listening to the first three mixes right now...the bass still needs to be reamped to finalize them but HOLY FUCKING FUCK!!11!.

Just got a proof of the CD cover and I love it. Re-amp day is scheduled for tomorrow and the final session for horns is January 12th. After over a year of things moving so glacially the pace of the last 24 hours is exhilarating.

Back