My "making a record" diary.

Let the re-amplification begin!

image.jpg

Just spoke to the mastering guy (actually Facebook Messaged) to set up mastering for the week of January 12th. Thats going to cost more than any other part of the album....or the whole album budget up to date :eek:

Just spoke to the mastering guy (actually Facebook Messaged) to set up mastering for the week of January 12th. Thats going to cost more than any other part of the album....or the whole album budget up to date :eek:
isn't that usually the case?
I seem to recall hearing that it was...

but we've only ever dealt with two "real" studios.
one of which resulted in my least favourite album we've ever done, actually...

isn't that usually the case?
I seem to recall hearing that it was...

but we've only ever dealt with two "real" studios.
one of which resulted in my least favourite album we've ever done, actually...
Usually not so if you're doing a "regular budget" album but our production budget was so low that pretty much anything for mastering will be more :embarrassed:

ah, okay.
the 1st time we did the A"REAL" STUDIO THING, THE LABEL PAID FOR THE WHOLE WORKS, SO i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT COST WHAT, YA KNOW?

oops capslock, sorry
too lazy to fix, too. :tongue:

the 2nd time, we actually knew the guy, and paid him piecemeal over a short stretch, but I don't know what % was for what.

now, we stick to some dude's basement for the guitars & drums and other guys' vocals.
I do all my stuff from home.
the difference between thousands of dollars to record, or a couple hundred.

mind ya, for what we do, that's perfectly fine.

probably wouldn't work so well for you
unless, of course, you wanted to sound like us :lol:

I'm in a very unique and fortunate situation with this album I think you guys are going to crap yourselves when you hear how it sounds production-wise. El Borrachito is killing it.

awesome!

see, that kind of thing actually works against what we do...that's what happened with our least fave album I mentioned earlier.
it sounds fantastic, but it doesn't sound like us...too polished and shiny.
not covered in spit & spilled beer, like it should be. :wink:

awesome!

see, that kind of thing actually works against what we do...that's what happened with our least fave album I mentioned earlier.
it sounds fantastic, but it doesn't sound like us...too polished and shiny.
not covered in spit & spilled beer, like it should be. :wink:

Yeah...the shoe's gotta fit the foot.

Or something like that :grin:

I once fit my boot up a drummer's ass, does that count?
in fact, I may be doing so again, very soon.

Back