My live Rig is comming together

Pine Apple Slim

Kick Henry Jackassowski
For the oldies band. Here's our most recent setlist
image.jpg1_zpsi59e9yab.jpg

As you can see there's really no need for distortion or even OD.
Here is the rig I'm putting together
Guitar: Electromatic Gretsch 5120
Amp: 71 Silverface Bassman Head
Cab: homemade open back, 1 Weber California 15 w aluminum dust cap
Pedals:
Boss Tuner
Nocturne Dynobrain preamp
Dano Dan Echo Delay
Richtone Amps Reverb
Joyo Tremelo

Cool man. Pix!!!

There will be pics.
Right now the amp has been recapped and overhauled, and the cab is built.
Weber will ship the speaker next week.
Reverb and Trem pedals are on the way.

The Dynobrain was just ordered and there's a 6-8 week wait as Nocturne is a one man operation.
If you are not familiar, it's a pre amp, not a gain or drive pedal. It's based on the preamp section of Seltzer's Old Roland Space Echo. Hard to describe what it does other than it just opens up the tone and sounds awesome on a non master vol amp. An always on pedal.

Then after I get over these purchases, some TV Jones Supertrons are going in the 5120.

There will be pics.
Right now the amp has been recapped and overhauled, and the cab is built.
Weber will ship the speaker next week.
Reverb and Trem pedals are on the way.

The Dynobrain was just ordered and there's a 6-8 week wait as Nocturne is a one man operation.
If you are not familiar, it's a pre amp, not a gain or drive pedal. It's based on the preamp section of Seltzer's Old Roland Space Echo. Hard to describe what it does other than it just opens up the tone and sounds awesome on a non master vol amp. An always on pedal.

Then after I get over these purchases, some TV Jones Supertrons are going in the 5120.

The Dynobrain sounds similar to the Xotic EP booster. It is based on the pre amp section of the Echo Plex

I like the setlist PAS, and I'm sure the 5120 will sound great with those Supertrons. Sounds like you're putting together a cool rig.

From Bass to Guitar....

No Pine Apple unturned :thu:

Well I'm still playing bass in the alt country band. What's left of it anyway. It's down to the songwriter/leader/rhythm guitarist and me.
With a sometimes drummer who can also play guitar well. But he's been working his butt off on overtime and raising small children so his time is precious.
Thing is neither me or the drummer can play 2 inst at once. So we are in desperate need of one more person. He could be a drummer, guitarist, or bassist but it's been almost a year since the lead player quit and we have yet to find the right person. So mostly the leader is just doing open mics and me or the drummer sit in occasionally.

The oldies band is big fun and actually makes a little money.
All I have to do is support the other guitar player well and play something that fills out the sound and doesn't get in anyone's way.

i love that set list!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea it's a pretty cool genre. All just a hair before my time(I'm a 70's kid), born in 57'. But it's been fun learning all those old classics. This is the music of the other guitarist/leader's teen age and early adult years aprox 1955-65'. Pre Brit invasion pop/rock/soul. Really helps to have 2 girl singers. It's a pretty big band. 2 gal singers, 2 guitars, bass, drums, keys, and a really good steel guitarist. They don't gig often, usually just special events but when they do they get paid pretty decent.
The other guitarist, the drummer, and the bass player also sing. They havnt turned me loose on vocs yet I've been busy just learning the set list. But I gotta few tunes up my sleeve when the time comes.

Modern Saint, that Strat I built with your neck, the Squire plywood body and the Drangonfire humbuckers turned out really well. It's a great neck and the Dragonfires tuned out to be really versatile despite being hot overwound pickups. I could just as well play it as the Electromatic, but the other guy plays a Strat. The Gretsch just look the part, way cooler than 2 Strats onstage.
image.jpg

Back