My first time playing through a rehearsal studio backline in over a decade.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I'm teaching my classes at a local rehearsal studio now. Monday was the first night and when I got there this was the house amp.

13557672_10154345069252425_7934041127324403755_n.jpg

I haven't played through a half stack in a very long time. Putting one in a 10x10 room seems a little stupid but I guess thats what rock bands expect. I brought my Deluxe for last night and it was much better.

The voicings of the amps are so different that I prefer to bring my own amp if I go to a rehearsal studio. Sometimes I just prefer to bring the head and plug into their cab but as I get older, I seem to be schlepping lighter smaller amps now.

Yeah. I did not enjoy the Marshall. Just not my thing. RUnning it clean and using my pedals was a step up but I think I'll just bring my Deluxe.

Early on in my playing, before I understood how a good PA could be useful, I thought half stacks were what I needed - not a Marshall, but a half stack. My back appreciates that I have learned my lesson. I also have learned how tube amps need to be turned up to get the best tone, and I can't even imagine letting that Marshall half stack wail in a 10x10 room. My ears would never be the same!

Back