my first NPD of 2015

Chad

Slender Hobbit
So the Mad Professor 1 pedal I got for $50 wasn't anything special. It was a good pedal and if I didn't have a million other dirt pedals, I may have kept it. I threw it up on Reverb and someone offered me a Hall of Fame mini for it, so I traded him for it. Now I guess I need to figure out how to do the tone print thing to play around with it. It would have been my last pedal in 2015 but apparently 2 day priority shipping with usps means they have a week to get it to you.

IMG_2326.jpg

Please let me know how the plate reverb sounds with a brown-sounding distortion. Totally_jammin_out

What phone do you have?

Please let me know how the plate reverb sounds with a brown-sounding distortion. Totally_jammin_out

What phone do you have?

I have an iPhone, but I downloaded the software to my Mac. I have a few other tone print enabled pedals on my board so I am not sure if using the phone will work right. I guess it will, you would think the folks at TC would like you to have multiple tone print pedals on your board.

Now that I don't have the 1, I don't know if I have any brown sounding distortion. :grin:

Yes. With it only having 1 knob, I would hope so :grin:
Yeah, it does. It just needs to be done with a phone as I don't think it has a USB port.

I also imagine that only the applicable pedal will recognize the TonePrint due to header information identifying what the TonePrint is compatible with.

Yeah, it does. It just needs to be done with a phone as I don't think it has a USB port.

I also imagine that only the applicable pedal will recognize the TonePrint due to header information identifying what the TonePrint is compatible with.

It does have a USB port. I'll probably try both ways.

DANCING-banana

Cool! You figure out how to do all the tone print shit, and then you can give me the short version. :)

Well, I haven't tried beaming it in from the phone, but hooking it up to the computer was a breeze. Just download the software, plug in the USB cable to the pedal, select the tone print and hit send to pedal. At first I was concerned there was no indicator either on the pedal or the software for the progress of the download, but it happens in an instant, so there is really no need. I have only tried it with the HOF mini, but it was fun trying the different presets. I didn't try to make a custom one yet, that seems a little daunting for a person who hates having more than 2 knobs on an amp. I found it funny that my 2 favorite presets were from stores, not famous players. Andertons Captain Reverb is the one I am going to keep on it for now but Andy's from pro guitar shop would be the one if I didn't have the T2. Its not that the famous players ones were bad, they were all pretty cool, its just those 2 were the ones that did it for me.

Back