Listen to this - My favourite band right now!

mosiddiqi

The Curry Master
Staff member
Morning all! It's been a long time since I etc etc :grin: hope you're all well. Thought I'd post the band that have currently taken over my mind, the awesome White Denim from Austin, Texas. Kind of like everything I liked from the 70's but with something of their own. What are you listening to nowadays?

White Denim - Corsicana Lemonade:

Sent from here of course

Reactions: Tig
I so wanted to see White Denim when they came through recently. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it. Sort of in that vein, I've been listening to Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Tame Impala. The new Spoon album is really good. Working on my own stuff has put me behind on new music coming out. I feel like it's not a prolific year for music anyway though.

I've been listening to the new Threshold lately.

Maybe my album of the year, since I just can't get into the new Opeth :( Anyways, not a bad offering from a band from Guildford :grin:

Hold the front page, but I'm finding most of the new Opeth extremely boring. It's nothing to do with the lack of growls/metal, I absolutely loved "Damnation" - The songs just aren't there for my tastes.

I'm really enjoying White Denim's D album. They cover a broad spectrum of genres with a fresh, simple yet complex sound and some sweet guitar lines. I guess you could call them "psychedelic prog" if you had to pigeonhole them, but they're generally working outside any boxes.

New Larkin Poe album Kin...very produced and rocking for a band with old time bluegrass roots. The slide (lapsteel) playing by Megan is really sweet. I like their ability to excel in both realms.

Morning all! It's been a long time since I etc etc :grin: hope you're all well. Thought I'd post the band that have currently taken over my mind, the awesome White Denim from Austin, Texas. Kind of like everything I liked from the 70's but with something of their own. What are you listening to nowadays?

White Denim - Corsicana Lemonade:

Sent from here of course

To address the OP, I have this album in my carts in emusic and Amazon. Really good stuff that is at least new to me. I'm glad to keep finding new music to enjoy.

I'm really enjoying White Denim's D album. They cover a broad spectrum of genres with a fresh, simple yet complex sound and some sweet guitar lines. I guess you could call them "psychedelic prog" if you had to pigeonhole them, but they're generally working outside any boxes.
Yeah, that's a good description of "D" I'd say. I love that album too but I think they've really progressed on "Corsicana Lemonade" tighter songs and a more mature sound for want of a better word. Elements of Steely Dan, Wings era Paul McCartney..

Back