Newsflash! My developing the young workforce team have been shortlisted

Well done, sir...:thu:

I'm just one of a team of 5 teachers (and the management who have stuck their nib in at this stage :embarrassed:) so can't claim all the credit but it's a pretty big deal - these are legit national awards (I think they actually get televised!) and to be down to the last 3, and the sole special needs school left in contention is a pretty big deal.

I of course didn't think for a minute that by posting about it on facebook it would get back to the department I was shoved out of to come here. :embarrassed:

I'm just one of a team of 5 teachers (and the management who have stuck their nib in at this stage :embarrassed:) so can't claim all the credit but it's a pretty big deal - these are legit national awards (I think they actually get televised!) and to be down to the last 3, and the sole special needs school left in contention is a pretty big deal.

I of course didn't think for a minute that by posting about it on facebook it would get back to the department I was shoved out of to come here. :embarrassed:

If they come HERE, feel free to speak to them freely. I will edit the fuck out of their reply content and forum permissions for ye.

Oh, and congrats on the award nomination. It has to feel good after all the effort you put into those kids, even if the douchebag school administration that fucked you is back in the picture solely for the photo op.

You got the "I saw Ed Sheeran" thing into the papers, so you should call them with "Scottish DJ who met Ed Sheehan nominated for award for school district that forced him out" story. :)

fb0b2527c77639a084af136144dff6eab5d6b53f314198a1fb6283c263e06a31.jpg

If they come HERE, feel free to speak to them freely. I will edit the fuck out of their reply content and forum permissions for ye.

Oh, and congrats on the award nomination. It has to feel good after all the effort you put into those kids, even if the douchebag school administration that fucked you is back in the picture for the photo op.

No no no - that ship is well and truly sinking, this is in my new school.

A few of my old support assistants were at the wedding and once again asked if I would come back - to head the department!!!

I don't wtf is going on there now but it's gone backwards so much that they've kids in complete isolation for violent behaviour, 2 kids doing alternative days of attendance because when they're together they terrorise everyone, they're creating 2 more teaching roles to take the slack off the ones that are already there (and you don't just magic up £70k worth of salaries in the public sector easilly) and they're splitting the autism unit off from the main support department and having it run as a completely separate entity - hence why there's a head of department position going - the head of support who shafted me is essentially walking away and washing his hands of the place by the sounds of it.

I hope at the very least, NOW he appreciates just how good a job me and the support team did in there. Clown.

Just had a nosey at their website It's £110 per ticket plus vat so I assume we'll be finding out via e-mail if we've won :grin:

I thought special ed teachers in Scotland were richly rewarded with fantastic pay, generous benefits, and a princely stock option. Am I mistaken?

I thought special ed teachers in Scotland were richly rewarded with fantastic pay, generous benefits, and a princely stock option. Am I mistaken?

Pay is actually pretty good and I get 13ish weeks holiday a year - that works for me :grin:

Good for you! That's truly fantastic.

Thanks man. It's a pretty nice to be up for it and we're very forward thinking in what we do nationally so we are in with a good shout.

They're sending a team in tomorrow to grill us. Some of my colleagues are getting properly stressed and are revising what they're going to say! - we're great at what we do so I'm just going to tell them what I do and how it helps our kids in school and later life and let them join the dots.

So they came in and were genuinely super impressed during our big pow wow.

I asked the boss when we find out if we've won and she said at the ceremony! The girl next to me said "ooh we'll need to practice our poker faces" and I said sack that, if I was there and we lost I'd be raging :grin:

So yeah, I think I might be left behind to man the school that morning :embarrassed:

Yeah so the awards were today and we won :embarrassed:

Following yesterdays top notch review with the head, this and the fact that this morning I finished off the last bit of lesson planning I'll need to do until we come back after the Summer, its been a groovy few days :thu:

Yeah so the awards were today and we won :embarrassed:

Following yesterdays top notch review with the head, this and the fact that this morning I finished off the last bit of lesson planning I'll need to do until we come back after the Summer, its been a groovy few days :thu:
Congrats. I am glad things are going well on the job front for you. You deserve it after all you have been through.

Congrats. I am glad things are going well on the job front for you. You deserve it after all you have been through.

Ach in the grand scheme of things that last thing was nothing, it was just real shitty the way it was done, especially after all the effort I put in and stress I endured to be dumped like that with no explanation or decent reason.

Fell on my feet with this job though. :thu:

Good people who know what they're doing always land on their feet. Good on ya, and your school.

Reactions: jbj
Back