My D'Addario EXP Coated Phospher Bronze Strings (EXP16) .012-.053 review

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
I got a beta sample set of D'Addario EXP Coated Phospher Bronze Strings (EXP16) .012-.053 (nysteel). I am an Elixir player but always open to try something new when I get it for...in 3, 2, 1, Free. Just need to offer feedback to D'Addario.

da_prod_EXP16_main_2.jpg

So I took a pause in starting this thread to clean up my Ovation KOA Celebrity and put the EXP strings on. Tuned the guitar up to Open G and started playing - this guitar is for open tuning. Hit a few chords and dang these strings sound nice - very rich and full and sounding - I like them. As I continued to play I started to review Frampton's - Penny For Your Thoughts - very cool.

Next time I replace my strings I will give the set a try again but will be the EXP26 Custom Light 11-52 set.

Last edited:
I got a beta sample of the "NYsteel" EXPs as well. I haven't checked 'em out yet -- think I'll put them on my Martin SWOMGT this weekend. Funny -- I'm the opposite of you: I wish I'd been able to get .013s...

FYI, D'Addario EJ16s have been my "go-t0" set for acoustics that take light strings (in fact, I have a set in my parts-bin right now), so I'm pretty confident I'll like these.

Cool. I've been using the non-coated ones on my acoustics for years and years. If I get back in to playing the acoustic again, I'll have to try them out.

Those were my main strings for quite awhile. I still like them on my 5th Avenue and my Seagull Mini Jumbo. They last a good while too.

Back