My coworker was contacted by a girlfriend he had when he was 12.

BS555

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Update from over a year later:

They're getting married soon. Cool!

He's 54 now, she's 53.

She had been looking for him for a few years. She found his daughter on Facebook last Wednesday or thereabouts. So she sent a message to his daughter. His daughter said "Hey dad, some woman you went to elementary school with is trying to find you."

He's been divorced for like 12 years, she's been divorced for 8. They both have 21 year old daughters in college. They haven't seen each other since they were 12 (he moved away due to military dad.)

So they exchanged phone numbers and talked for four hours last week. She texted him a photo of them together when they were 12 he didn't even remember, which he showed to me.

So this coming Saturday they're going to meet half-way between them to spend the day together.

Cool story.

:grin:

Last edited:
That is pretty cool. :)

I was quite a hit with the ladies, when I was too young for that to be considered a good thing by my fellow male larvae. I wonder what Lisa and Carol are up to these days...

That is cool.

I'm not sure I would have the stones to seek out anyone I used to be with. We broke up for a reason. Often several. :grin:

That is cool.

I'm not sure I would have the stones to seek out anyone I used to be with. We broke up for a reason. Often several. :grin:

Yeah, I'd never date an ex girlfriend at this point in my life. 10, 20, 30 years from now if I were single and I re-found one, maybe. I don't stay friends with them, either.

stalker-much-o--o_o_404587.jpg

Cool story.

If I was single, I'd at least consider looking up old flames and do the facebook thing. Then again... :eek:

Last edited:
That is cool.

Yeah, but when you were 12 you weren't really going out. Further the rationale (like there was any) for breaking up might have been the color of her sneakers or that she didn't like the same ice cream.

I can't help but think that if things were reversed many folks would think the guy was being stalker-ish and creepy...

To be honest, I think the woman is being a bit strange. "My marriage failed, maybe that kid I went out with 41 years ago...maybe he was the one!"

That said, good luck to them.

Yeah, but when you were 12 you weren't really going out. Further the rationale (like there was any) for breaking up might have been the color of her sneakers or that she didn't like the same ice cream.

I can't help but think that if things were reversed many folks would think the guy was being stalker-ish and creepy...

To be honest, I think the woman is being a bit strange. "My marriage failed, maybe that kid I went out with 41 years ago...maybe he was the one!"

That said, good luck to them.

It is kinda weird in a way, but cool at the same time. Yeah, you're not exactly in a deep relationship at age 12. It's "cute" she remembered.

He did say a couple of lines to me I thought were borderline odd.

He said they both told each other they thought of each other over the years. That was #1 weird thing to me. Yeah, I remember girls I liked when I was 12, too, when I go out of my way to think of them, not as a matter of course...I am not compelled in any way to contact them.

He then told me "If my dad hadn't moved us away I probably would have married her instead of my ex wife." To which I wanted to respond "Dude, you were 12. You probably would have forgotten about her in another two weeks. " As an adult, how can you possibly have thought someone you "dated" when you were twelve was going to be the one you were going to marry?

Soooo...I still think it's a cool story, but they both seem to have a weird thing going on where they've both sort of fixated (or perhaps over-romanticized) on something from 40 years ago.

Last edited:
I think the whole thing plays into a romantic "if only" notion. It's probably amplified if both people are coming out of relationships that didn't last. There's a persistent belief that a perfect fit is out there somewhere. The circumstances in this case will reinforce that belief.

If I'd never hooked up with a high school ex, then I might not be married.

Take that as you will: hopeful sign or warning sign?

This could be a lot of fun. I have been in contact with two women I dated in high school after I got divorced. Big fun!

I got contacted by a girl I knew for a couple years through the upward bound program and found out she had named her son after me.

Back