My back smells like a tin of Skoal

I had a hard waterski crash a week and a half ago, and really stiffened up half a week later. the crash happened on a Sunday, and on Thursday, I could hardly get up out of bed because my neck and shoulder were so screwed up. Fortunately, my wife is a chiro, and between treatments, ice, and some "heat" type patches, it has gotten better. I went for a real mountain bike ride tonight with my group, first one since the wreck, and because I pull on the bars somewhat on the steeper, technical parts, and because I tighten up anyway in my neck due to holding a helmet up while I bounce over rocks, I loaded up on the menthol patches tonight. I will probably also pop a preventative Ibu.

Reminds me of when I experimented with chewing Skoal. Eww!

Don't swallow that skoal juice!

If your Wife is a chiropractor, you're already getting the best treatment available. When you've been twisted and bounced around, there's not much you can do but rest and wait for it heal.

Thanks guys. It's been getting a lot better. I didn't tighten up much after riding last night, so either my preventative measures worked, I am healing, or more likely, both. Onward!

Thanks guys. It's been getting a lot better. I didn't tighten up much after riding last night, so either my preventative measures worked, I am healing, or more likely, both. Onward!

That's certainly good news, but it won't help your suit.

The Salonpas patches are what I have been using the last few days. They are the ones that smelled like Skoal to me. I started with some chinese ones that smell more like icy hot.

I am hoping I can back off from using them every night here soon. Seems like I will be able to.

The thread title made it sound like an "I can't quit you" story was looming. :embarrassed:

Glad to hear the back is healing. I love those heat patches, but a back massage from Mrs. Tig is the best!

Back