My 1960 ES345 update

profgalen

Helper
Fixed all the wiring (ground) problems. Replaced missing nylon bridge Saddle. Cleaned up the frets and fretboard. Varitone works great. These pickups are just so amazing. It plays great. Now all I need is to find someone to do the binding on the neck. I found the proper binding but I don't want to attempt that myself.
8670ee2c8391b67f5d3112c70945913a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you got the electrical bits sorted and got a new saddle. Once the binding is fixed you will have a really amazing guitar.

What's the wire from the pickup to the bridge? Is that the ground?
I think it was someone's attempt to deal with the broken ground. I should have said this is a before picture. The wiring was a real mess. All the pots and caps are original but the solder joints are old and someone tried to rig it up. A nightmare. I got it all back to spec except the neck pickup is upside down. The pickup wire was cut short. I may have been able to turn it around but I didn't want to stretch it. It was turned that way when I got it so I left it like that. I think it had been that way for a long time. I've seen this very guitar in old Wayne Cochran video and I think it was upside down when Alan Sylvestri played it. I know it didn't have the Varitone "poker chip" back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooh!! VERY nice. I still regret delaying buying a '62 ES-345 back in 1984, when I was in college (it bought from under me). They're great guitars.

Back