MWGL Motorcycle Discussion 2018

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets
It's currently Feb 20th. Cabin fever is setting in.
What are you riding? Any big plans for the 2018 riding season?

I've been saving up some money for a good long time for a new bike. Tried to grab a few off craigslist last summer/fall without any success. Got a knockout deal on a leftover KTM 1090 R.

Big plan for this summer is an Alaska ride. I have two friends flying in that are going to rent a pair of F800GS

Here’s my ride. You can laugh all you want just don’t hit me cause I sure ain’t gonna out run you.
9A90D829-8BD8-4498-9BBD-2F55FFC2C911.jpeg

I am saving for a bike now.
Riding in Colorado is awesome
I miss my bike.I had to sell it 3 years ago.

Never get rid of the dogs,guitars ,bikes,or guns.
Man law dude.
The last motorcycle I owned I actually got rid of a year or 2 before I met my wife. It was one of these, a really cool bike.

CC9A9A87-019C-4308-A11E-F7199E56C642.jpeg

I had been commuting nearly 50 mi to work on it in the wintertime for about a week while my car was in the shop. After I got the car back I impulsively sold the bike because of 2-3 near death experiences that week plus freezing my balls off. Mrs Pine is terrified of motorcycles so I went without for 20 yrs until I got the little Yami scooter a few months ago. It’s still getting broke in, only 50 mi on it so far because very few nice days this winter to ride.

I didn't learn to ride until I was 40 (4 years ago). At the time, I bought a Ninja 250 to learn on, and it was a great little bike. Sold it in the fall of that year with the intent to buy a bigger bike in the spring. The wife has not let me buy a bike...lol.

Still have my Honda ST1300, bought new in '08. I've got around 37k miles on it, still the best bike I've ever owned. Almost took it out yesterday (it was 60 here), but I knew it would go back to winter tomorrow and didn't want to winterize it again. On the other hand, it's only a month until winter's over.....

2006ST1300.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

@Pine Apple Slim My Dad had an early 70s CB450 kinda similar but those CXs had so many neat things going on for a Honda at that time.
He also hand a 70s Yamaha of similar displacement before that, I don't remember what the model was. Later when I got my license, I adopted his Yamaha Virago 700 for period of time.

I've been through
Suzuki RM80
Honda CR250R
Honda XL250S
Yamaha Virago 700
Kawasaki Zx6R
HD Sportster
KTM 1o90

I'll have to take a look at what pics I might have laying around.

I considered a scooter that made highway speeds but this one just had the classic lines. Plus I was concerned about size & weight as it’s primarily gonna be a tag along riding in my camper when we hit the road for the Wild West this summer.
Also “Honey it only goes a little faster than a bicycle”.
(Top speed is actually 40-45mph).

@Lerxst
“but those CXs had so many neat things going on for a Honda at that time.”

Light and nimble, water cooled shaft drive twin set up cafe style, really fun. Most of them you saw back the were the laid back cruiser styled ones. Mine was kinda rare in these parts. I sold it to a 70 yr old guy with a massive collection of Harleys, a Goldwing, an old Norton and Indian or two. Had been all over the US several times over and to Sturgis numerous times. He wanted it cause he was getting old and was afraid if he dropped a big bike he couldn’t pick it up.

I considered a scooter that made highway speeds but this one just had the classic lines. Plus I was concerned about size & weight as it’s primarily gonna be a tag along riding in my camper when we hit the road for the Wild West this summer.
Also “Honey it only goes a little faster than a bicycle”.
(Top speed is actually 40-45mph).

I see tons of scooters and electric fat bikes around the city. As long as you're staying off the highways, they seem totally awesome. I see this guy around my house all the time and at first it's like, what the hell is that.....is that a scooter or bicycle?
r8_JbwwTXJYh2xZqesw_d4sPd7FJ7zdzWzoJpEOiK_Gc8mkbrwn6vXEvZAR_ewZ9yjh6XFrJmXGc_7CS-QJ36n0bV6K71GzR6j2cgAtLYcNormCNJZwJBZKupWS7xm5MIHeW7GXy683uYKF2JZKgIJ7LOQ-f3OTevogZe2OTMBm8VCWN_1a3JclQghTwF9wprswQrMbKI8oAAb5Gk3mkHUXq-j8A4oJr-oQPFR4YMmerTzXtfgGCnFZK-kDqdzBEPROeYJukhVuGNHCX-NrnQRZJEI2QsGlZR0SOUk5kN25viVR9IP_Kyyb4tWuFFXlwP0kypUO3NVJOF7e3yuVelUE4uOwxVxAfd_uinAhv3MX-JiqaSCdPe3L2EItgVW8SQkC9BAcnom_HXgjQz9MuYIpXRQFUaHmVuFxcW8JzmIVqB9bUFr9RB9-7vU58BXPICejhgGgvHV2kgSA1pMQLRc4Jgktyhn9ig6qgtn3rRiJGLiXUa9kwkMZXK49siJzYhzC8psJJIqzZkn4KrYlSh1wJF8SCQ_cXuD1vQZ8xTQcsNbFiLWC6UnceqzktW0IMK_EjMj608YTgW4aypXz-rAI_YrK6rRPd664P1EDr=w1143-h1054-no

I live in the country so this one will run to the country store, a cruise on the County rds, or even a quick trip to the nearest small town. When camping it will be nice for exploring back roads or running to town for supplies without breaking camp.
If I lived in a big city I can see where this would be almost an essential, even more useful than a car.
Dig the matching Evil Kinevil helmet and custom carrier:)
DCFBC4F2-2BBD-40C3-9BF0-8B6AAC204F03.jpeg

Back