MWGL Fit Club

After a slow start, I've lost 21 pound this year and have ridden 2661 miles so far. I'm now able to hang with some of the top racers in the state. Well, for a while at least!
I feel great again and in the best shape I've been in a long time, and there is plenty of room for improvement.

I'll race my first bike race in ten years, just 3 weeks from now. It will be brutal.

I don't actually have time for working out but by parking in the most remote parking lot at school I'm adding 4-5k steps to my day. Between that and eating mostly at home or packing my lunches I've lost several pounds over the last two weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Down to 224, and I actually ran for an entire mile straight during my morning 2 miles for the first time in who-knows-when.

Endorphins, baby!!! panic0

Guess I'll chime in, for the first time ever, in fact. I've been attempting to do something about my rather shoddy physique for years, but never found the will to really do something about it. Until now. Discovered a small gym nearby, and a friend of mine was already frequenting it. I talked to the people running it, and they gave me some great tips on what to start with, and how to progress. So now I go there three times a week (or at least that's my goal), doing mostly regular anaerobic exercises to build muscles, and finishing with intervals on the treadmill.

It ain't easy, but I figure that it's better to get going now while I'm relatively young, than wait and regret I didn't try and get in shape sooner.

Back