MWGL Fit Club

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Here is the official thread, since we all seem to be in the same boat: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8232

I'll start - 6'2" (somewhere in the past few years I've lost an inch in height messedup0) and 272 lbs.

My goal (suggested by my doctor) is 230 lbs.

Here is a horrible picture of me from last week:

Photo7.jpg

I don't have a particular time frame but I would like the weight to stay off and not be a crash diet/ yo-yo scenario like it usually is when I drop 30-50 lbs and then gain it back in a year. :facepalm:

I'll post some of what I'm eating and exercising in a bit...

My weight hasn't had a lot of change, but I have been making slow diet changes for a couple of months that ARE starting to stick. I have vegetables at almost all meals, I cut back to fatty fried fast food twice a week or so and I've cut back to Coke four days a week and I try to stick to one. I'm relearning to cook healthy things with a large amount of trial and error, but my favourite thing is still chicken breast with olive oil and curry powder! :love:

I'm just trying to gain a bit of muscle so I'm not that super skinny kid. :embarrassed:

BTW, that guitar is hot!

You guys better not peter out on me this time. We are going to get moving this time.

Humans were designed to come in all shapes and sizes. First, determine what you really ARE.

Losing weight can rock your body and gaining weight can do the same. Statistically bodies that stay stable are those that last the longest.

If you feel good stay the way you are.

I need to get back on the wagon. Or off it.

I gained about 10 pounds since summer ended because its too cold to ride my bike to work...need to find a new way to get in excersize that is fun.

I gained about 10 pounds since summer ended because its too cold to ride my bike to work...need to find a new way to get in excersize that is fun.

you'd better start riding your bike again. hungry, irritable forumites are going to see your moniker and start drooling uncontrollably at the thought of steak. that bike will give you the head start you need.

Good to see you Mr. Steak. My weight has been creeping up too. I finally got all my bikes sold ..................... then bought a new one. It should be here tomorrow in fact.

Count me in. I am 6'0" and weigh 225lbs. I dont have a ton to loose but would like to get to about 205. My issue is that I have lost pretty much all of my fitness.

Back