Mulberries

?

• Total voters

Theodore

I gotta move
I didn't realize that we had mulberries until a couple years ago. They look exactly like blackberries only growing on a tree. Not very sweet. *spits*

They resist cultivation, and so quality varies widely from tree to tree. I've got a decent tree in the front yard, and they're nice as an "also" in any kind of berry thing. Not so exciting by themselves, but a team player.

They need a lot of sugar and lemon juice for pies, but they're easy to pick mass quantities and are decent for pies.

Ah yes, the mulberry tree. Or, as I like to call it, "the purple birdshit factory"

Last edited:
Ah yes, the mulberry tree. Or, as I like to call it, "the purple birdshit factory"

I was about to post the same thing. It’s hard to enjoy the fruit of a mulberry tree as birds are very good at eating a berry the moment it ripens.

Somewhere I read about stuffed mulberry leaves and them being quite good for you. Someday. I have a stash of mulberry chunks and if I may say so, works killer on smoking anything beef.

Get this...

Like 3 years ago, we left our name and number with the lady that owns a "farmstand" here in town where they grow oranges and all sorts of things (pumpkin patch too!). We go there to get stuff for juicing quite often.

Anyway, I got call TODAY from her to let me know they had Mulberries.

WTF?

I mean, yeah... it's super cool that she called, and we will definitely go get some, but who keeps a note around for that long?!?!

Back