Mrs w brought me home a car to test drive.

I like the look of those Velosters. They do look a bit odd, but in a good way.

As far as the Elentra models go, I prefer the new Coupe, looks-wise. I love hatchbacks but the Elantra hatchback looks a bit plain.

tbh, I'm not very concerned about how it looks as much as will it get me around on less gas and fit my gear. The fact that this is goofy looking might work in my favor with the Premier Music signage on it though.
Wha?!!, Hyundai is making a toaster? but really, I am liking the newer breed of crossover type rigs that are small but have good, flexible storage. I just wish asian cars had seating like euro cars. the slightly higher, more firm seating of euro cars works better for me.

I'm so used to sitting up high in the burb and my truck that this is definitely a change.

My sister has one of those, and she loves it. They get excellent gas mileage. The back seats are even quite comfortable, but watch your head getting in and out, that back door is kinda funky.

my kids loved the third door thing.

It was definitely geared towards twentysomethings who love their tech gadgets. It definitely doesn't drive as fast as it looks but that ones not the turbo. And the discount we have is for the turbo only I guess.

http://www.motorweek.org/reviews/first_impressions/2013_hyundai_veloster_turbo

[video=youtube_share;q7mDAJjSPYU]http://youtu.be/q7mDAJjSPYU[/video]

Sounds like they liked it more than the 2012, which they weren't hot on the power, torque steer or wheel hop under acceleration. Seems Hday sorted it out. Once you have a hatch, it's hard to imagine sacrificing such a practical car. Throw in something fun to drive and it's win win.

Last edited:
I'm so used to sitting up high in the burb and my truck that this is definitely a change.

I am referring to how high the seat pan is from the floor. For example, on our Subaru Outback Imprezza, the lower asian seat pan would give me sciatica like symptoms on long drives as opposed to a higher, firmer seat pan such as in a VW or Volvo, or as you say, in our mid '00s suburban. In fact the seating is a primary consideration for our next car purchase (looking like a TDI wagon or a Passat wagon so far). Especially after my back episode this year.

The styling of those is certainly unique. I see them on the road occasionally, and it is hard not to stare at them. I can't decide if I like it or hate it, as parts of the design look cool, and other parts look strange. The turbo model looks a lot more interesting than the NA version, but it still seems a little down on power with ~200 HP and not so much torque. I guess if you can get one cheap, go for it. It is an interesting looking little car, and the convenience of a hatchback is a good thing.

I like the look of the Veloster and heard the newer ones are better from a power/handling side. I don't like the back window though it seems like rear visibility would be compromised. Course you could always use the 1st rule of Italian driving but in heavy traffic that might be risk :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking vehicle.

Fitting all my music gear is requirement #1 for our cars. Four wheel drive is #2. Which then kills gas mileage unfortunately.

I like the look of the Veloster and heard the newer ones are better from a power/handling side. I don't like the back window though it seems like rear visibility would be compromised. Course you could always use the 1st rule of Italian driving but in heavy traffic that might be risk :P

:grin:

It has a backup camera too which I thought was neat.

Nice looking vehicle.

Fitting all my music gear is requirement #1 for our cars. Four wheel drive is #2. Which then kills gas mileage unfortunately.

I don't need to worry about the all wheel drive thing since I like out of a "weather zone". My milage will nearly double with this car, which might actually cover most of the payment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fits my gear :embarrassed:

yzuvu9ag.jpg

sy5unaqy.jpg

eve6ubes.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grin:

Just sent to mrs w :)

Hook:]

I'm gonna fill my tank
Only got seven gallons in my Veloster
I - I - I'm cruisin', lookin' for a corner
It's a trucking 'Hyundai'

[Verse 1:]
Now, drive past this girl, I'm like "What up, I got a 'Hyundai!"
Cruisin' like Yeezy, this car's swag is hella cray,
Crystal white paint, alloys all chromey
She be like, "Damn! Did he just honk me?"
Rollin' hard, sittin' deep, knowing that they look at me,
Hyundai, Turbo time, 184, bhp
They'll be pleased when they see, doesn't really need a drink
Probably shoulda asked my boy, Genty man what you think?
(Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)
Ah screw it, we only got it for a week!
My Veloster will boss the roster that most o' ya can muster up
Blaizin' trails leavin' ya pushin' a dusty pick-up truck
Get a clue and buck it up, and no there ain't no mucking up
You wanna argue, first point
Take your mouth and shut it up
This'll suit your mother's style, this'll suit your brother's style
No for real. 20 thou? This new coupe won't let you down
Hyundai played their cards right, this vehicle's hella tight
But could it take a Focus ST in a hot hatch showdown fight?
Is that a funky dashboard? (Yep) We like the funky dashboard (Yep)
Front-wheel drive is kinda weak but check these mothertrucking doors
Hell no, hell no, I don't know what to do,
1 door on my side, but 2 doors for you,
The 20 grand a brand new car will cost ya
People be lookin' like, 'Aw, he got the Veloster'

[Hook x 2]

[Verse 2:]
What you know about rockin' the whip that we pluggin'
What you knowin' about this whip's Turbo'd engine
I'm revvin', I'm revvin', ready to work the transmission
Even though it's pushing up the CO2 emissions
All the ladies be givin' me blown kisses and beckons
0 to 60 run in eight-point-four seconds
I'm on the Twit-scene, hashtag (in London)
I'm on the FB you can find me (in London!)
Hyundai, the good guy, I will try, you'll look fly
We wrote to Katie Sky, got her down, watch her rock this mothertrucker,
Veloster Turbo yeah, I rock this mothertrucker,
I make the party yeah, I rock every mothertrucker,

Katie Sky -
They be like "OH! That Lexus was hella tight"
I'm like,"YO, that's 50Gs for a label, right"
Turbo Edition, we did some simple addition,
50Gs for a label, not what we're here to pitch!
I call that 1-3-3-m-p-h!
I call that one Turbo En-gine! (EN-GINE!)
The car's hella dope
And having one doesn't mean parting with a heavy ton of hella dough,
Peep game, come take look at this Turbo,
Car Throttle, I really wanna have a go,
Yeah, I wanna go

CT, Ve-los-ter, yeah

[Hook]

[Bridge: x2]
You'll see me on the road,
I'll look incredible,
You'll really want a go,
In the Veloster Turbo