Mr. Johnson, I'm concerned that you might not be taking your probation requirements seriously.

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
Police: Man drove stolen shopping cart to meet probation officer

By Patrick Lohmann / Journal Staff Writer
PUBLISHED: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 9:45 am

ScreenShot63.jpg

An 18-year-old Albuquerque man is facing theft charges after he showed up to his probation appointment on a stolen electric shopping cart from Wal-Mart, according to Albuquerque police.

According to a criminal complaint filed Tuesday, Michael Rene Johnson rolled over to his appointment with his probation officer on the shopping cart Monday at Metropolitan Court. Johnson’s probation officer asked him where he got the cart, and he said he took it from the Wal-Mart at San Mateo and Zuni, according to the complaint.

Officers called Wal-Mart staff, and they said the cart is worth more than $1,800 and that they would like to file charges against Johnson.

It’s unclear from online court records why exactly Johnson was on probation, but he has faced charges of domestic violence and criminal trespass in 2013. He’s being held at the Metropolitan Detention Center on a no-bond hold.

You can't fix stupid.

He is obviously not a candidate for rehabilitation, and should just be executed, if you ask me.

Do the world a favor, you know?...he's using up valuable air.

Electric shopping carts? Wow.
You know, the electric wheelchair type things.

When my brother had his heart attack I picked him up from the hospital; his doctor told him to avoid too much walking. I took my brother to Wal-Mart on the way home to pick up a few items. He got in one of those electric carts for the first time and managed to wipe out one of the end displays with it.

As for this gentleman, it is sad how clueless some folks are.

I thought those were designed to stop working if they exited the area. Or is that sign by the cart stand just a lie to deter thieves?

You know, the electric wheelchair type things.

When my brother had his heart attack I picked him up from the hospital; his doctor told him to avoid too much walking. I took my brother to Wal-Mart on the way home to pick up a few items. He got in one of those electric carts for the first time and managed to wipe out one of the end displays with it.

As for this gentleman, it is sad how clueless some folks are.

Never seen one. Shopping carts in NYC are still stuck in the 80s. The aisles are too narrow for larger carts to navigate.

WalMart...where fat people shop.
They probably wouldn't be so fat if they got off their ass and walked around the aisles a bit.

Just saying.....maybe put some kind of sensor into the Twinkie aisle that stops the cart when it goes to enter....

WalMart...where fat people shop.
They probably wouldn't be so fat if they got off their ass and walked around the aisles a bit.

Just saying.....maybe put some kind of sensor into the Twinkie aisle that stops the cart when it goes to enter....
As Weinworld's resident fat guy I can say with 100% conviction that I do not shop at Walmart...:Wave:

Back