Most important effects

reverend1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Which effects do you guys feel are the most important to creating your sound? What can you absolutely not live without

If you asked me to take the 3 pedal clipboard challenge, I'd bring the Turbo Tuner, MXR Bass Distortion, and Catalinbread Echorec. On bass, remove the delay, and add the BOSS BC-1x before the MXR.

Everything else is gravy.

Muff, Catalinbread 55, Carbon Copy. And I would bring the amp with the onboard reverb.

I could consider replacing the Catalinbread with my RAT clone, but I think the Catalinbread is so useful and has such great versatility with the volume knob, that it bumps the RAT clone even with all its various settings.

Reverb: Either the Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb or the TC Electronic Alter Ego V2 Vintage Echo Delay

Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive

Wampler Ego Compressor

Overdrive-the OCD at the moment...

Phasor/flanger-using a TC Helix ATM, but I'm not married to it...

Delay...digital prefererred over analog...

Besides drives I tend towards envelope filter, phaser, delay and reverb (to make me feel like a rock star).

Never really got along with anything else, though I like tremolo, just don't hardly need one.

My default is guitar>cable>amp, but I do occasionally enjoy a bit of overdrive, delay, and/or wah. I do not currently have a separate reverb, but might enjoy that as well. The only thing I feel like I'm missing is tremolo, but the delay can take care of that.

In fact, other than the lack of a wah, my Tech 21 RK-5 pretty much contains everything I would be likely to want (overdrive, boost, reverb and a "hidden chorus") and takes up MUCH less space than any pedalboard.

20180125_170831.jpg

I just need a mess o' dirt and a touch of verb, and I'm good to go.

Back