Moqueca

yabba

Weird Pick Butt Person
Ain't nothin wrong with that. (Brazilian coconut milk/seafood stew). Mmmmhmm.

Yeah, that's a pretty good description! Not typical Indian or Thai curry flavors, but I think it's got ginger and cilantro. It was chilly and drizzly here yesterday and we went to a Brazilian place for dinner and it was the perfect dish for that sort of weather

I think that's the dish my wife and I had in a little backyard cafe in Salvador when we went to Brazil. It was ten years ago, and it still stands as the best food either of us have ever had.

Yeah, that's a pretty good description! Not typical Indian or Thai curry flavors, but I think it's got ginger and cilantro. It was chilly and drizzly here yesterday and we went to a Brazilian place for dinner and it was the perfect dish for that sort of weather
Now I'm really interested....

1wife makes some good moqueca. Usually just fish in ours however; i has teh shellfish allergy

Pretty big Portuegese population around here, and for many years a guy named Joao had a restaurant in Santa Clara where he served a mean moqueca (usually, with salmon). I think he moved back to Brazil and is much missed. When my daughter was in high school, the girls varsity soccer team used to have breakfast there once a week.

Back