Moonage Daydream

Bowie gets a lot of well-deserved props for his song catalog and performances. I think his invention of the mullet is all too often overlooked. :wink:

Cool clip, thanks. Ronson & Bowie were a great team. :thu:

My brother was a huge Bowie fan; I think he saw every tour he could. I give him a lot of credit for bringing theatre to rock.

I'm djing at a Labyrinth themed wedding on Saturday :grin:

As a result I've decided my last period on a Friday is now BOWIE TIME which largely consists of me dancing around to the Magic Dance while my kids freak out :grin:

I'm djing at a Labyrinth themed wedding on Saturday :grin:

As a result I've decided my last period on a Friday is now BOWIE TIME which largely consists of me dancing around to the Magic Dance while my kids freak out :grin:

Nice! My son is into alligators and crocodiles right now. The opening "I'm an alligator" of Moonage Daydream made the song an instant for him.

Nice! My son is into alligators and crocodiles right now. The opening "I'm an alligator" of Moonage Daydream made the song an instant for him.

:Thu:

There's a kid who was homeschooled all of his life up until February. He likes me because I give him fist bumps so we made a special handshake that consists of fist bumping, flicking our hands through our imaginary feathered mullets, pointing to the ceiling and shouting - "what time us it? It's BOWIE TIME!!!"

Its a nice bookend to Monday mornings reggae chill out beanbag sesh. :grin:

It's lucky I'm really fucking good at what I do or my gaffer would have got rid of me a long time ago :embarrassed:

+1

I never really disliked Bowie, but he wasn't a favorite and I've never owned a Bowie album.

Now I'm thinking of getting the box set that comes out soon with his classic albums from '69-'73.

My dad LOVED Bowie. In fact one of the one things I remember from when I was a kid was we had a little picture frame thing that had a mirror with Bowie's silloheutte hanging in the wall.

I bet the thing is worth money now but pretty sure my mum made dad throw it out which makes me sad because inevitably all my cool yet totally pointless music shit I hang on the walls will no doubt meet the same fate.

The kid I spoke about earlier is already asking about this weeks Bowie Time :grin: I was going to go with Ziggy because you can't go wrong but I think Hunky Dory is a tremendous shout. :thu:

Back