Mojo for Prages

Shit, man. I'm sorry. We just lost my dad this summer. My parents had been married about the same amount of time. I bet your mom will soldier through the next few days, but the following months will be tough.

Lots of mojo to all of you. :(

Just to update everybody...

There is an online guest book you can sign at the link Prages posted above...

They are having the viewing Friday night and the funeral Saturday...

I just want to send my best to both Greg and Paula...I know how difficult this time is for them...

@Prages @Mrs.P

Welp. That sucked.

All the services are done. Now it's time to be strong for my mom and try to get her through the next few months.

I wish I could have been strong enough to give a eulogy, but there's no way I could have gotten through it.

I'll do a quick one off the top of my head here.

It was awfully nice to see a bunch of friends and family that I haven't seen in years and hear them talking about how great a man my dad was.

He really was.

My mom couldn't have asked for a more devoted husband, and my sister and I couldn't have asked for a more devoted father.

He loved my mom's parents as if they were his own, and he loved Paula as if she were his own daughter.

He could build anything from scratch, and he could fix anything that was broken. Looking around the house he and my mom built, not only did he design and build the house, but in just about every room, there's furniture that he built.

Along with mom, he turned that house into a home.

He was a quiet man. He didn't do small talk. I could call the house and if he answered, I could get the same information from him in 30 seconds as I can get from my mother in 30 minutes. Still, you'd never get off the phone without hearing "I love you."

And he did.

I don't know that I ever saw him lose his temper with a person. If you were a chainsaw, or a broken clothes drier, or the clutch in a 1993 Ford Explorer, all bets were off. Not only did he teach me how to fix a leaky faucet, how to lay brick and cinder block, how to frame a house, how to shingle a roof, how to wire a light switch, how to rebuild a motorcycle engine....pretty much how to do every "manly" thing I know how to đo, he also taught me how to curse all of the above, and how, when all else fails, an 8 lbs sledge hammer can resolve most of your frustrations with what you're trying to fix.

He's left a huge hole in a lot of hearts, and his massive shoes will never be filled.

Dad, I hope you can rest in peace knowing that I'll use all the things you've taught me to make sure that mom is always taken care of, and always loved, until you two can be together again.

I love you, and I can't thank you enough for making me the man I am today.

Last edited:
Back