Moar Apple gloom and doom

bsman

b00b
Just got this news update on my email, and thought I'd pass it on:

Strong iPhone sales helped Apple blow through Wall Street expectations for its fiscal second quarter, sending its stock sharply up in after-hours trading.

Read more on MercuryNews.com.

lol.

I'm a total Apple fan but I get the feeling that unless they come out with some really exceptional (and exciting for the consumer) products things might start slowing down for them.

I wonder what cool thing they will co-opt next.

I'm currently reading a book about the Apple vs Google battle.

One of the things that really jumped out at me was the statement that Steve Jobs never wanted to be the first to do something. He always wanted to see someone else give it a go, and then adopt it and make it better.

Maybe it's more accurate to wonder IF they will co-opt something or if the new guard has different ways.

no offnense to the Apple folks here (and no "RAHRAH" for the other team, either, really, so I will play both sides)

here's a list of the fucks I give about Apple/Microsoft

• none
  • less than one
  • even less than that negative one fuck.
maybe if I held stock, that'd change... :wink:

I was far more upset about the toy company Hasbro (heretofor known as Hasblow) cancelling the Star Wars: Clone Wars line

all in good fun, hope I didn't step on any toes. :helper:

I mean, that shit affected me!

I'm an equal-opportunity hater. The laptop that my work provided me with (HP) is an utter POS. It's (supposedly) an i7 processor, quad core, but is the slowest thing ever, has about two of the seven USB ports that actually works and frequently shuts itself down, even though I bought a rather expensive stand with a fan. The Macbook Pro my daughter bought when she started college had problems from the start and pooped out the summer after she graduated. Her new Lenovo is a piece of crap. I've had terrible luck with iPods and other Apple products as well. I think they're all terrible.

I'm an equal-opportunity hater. The laptop that my work provided me with (HP) is an utter POS. It's (supposedly) an i7 processor, quad core, but is the slowest thing ever, has about two of the seven USB ports that actually works and frequently shuts itself down, even though I bought a rather expensive stand with a fan. The Macbook Pro my daughter bought when she started college had problems from the start and pooped out the summer after she graduated. Her new Lenovo is a piece of crap. I've had terrible luck with iPods and other Apple products as well. I think they're all terrible.

Maybe it's you? :grin:

This is why I hate Wall Street. They could give a shit if a company is solid and making money. All they care about is are they going to make even MORE money.

Back