Mitsubishi see Volkswagens B.S., doubles down.

I have yet to own a car in which the MPGs I see come anywhere close to matching the numbers on the window sticker...

My car actually out performs the stated MPG I have seen online. No clue what the official numbers were when it was new. When I bought the car it was already 8 years old.

Key point in that article...only on vehicles sold in Japan. I was a manager at a Mitsu store from 05-08 and they consistently met their MPG estimates. Our sister Hyundai store across the street...not so much.

Key point in that article...only on vehicles sold in Japan. I was a manager at a Mitsu store from 05-08 and they consistently met their MPG estimates. Our sister Hyundai store across the street...not so much.
Hyundai got spanked pretty hard for that.

My Mazda 6 is supposedly good for 37 highway MPG, but the best I've been able to squeeze out of it is about 33. I seem average between 26 and 27 MPG in the city.

I get pretty close in my 2014 Cruze. It's listed at 38 highway (no idea what they consider highway speed) and on my two trips to Cleveland last year, I got 34.4 the first trip and 35 even on the second trip. And that includes all the downtown Cleveland driving I did, and my interstate speeds of 71-72 mph.

The couple times I've figured out what I get for a normal week of driving…back and forth to work, driving to Battle Creek & Kalamazoo on the weekend, etc. I tend to avg. 31-32 mpg. My old 2007 Focus hatchback got about 30-31 in an average week and usually got 34 mpg on long interstate trips.

Back