Mojo Request Minor Job

Good for you! I spent the majority of the last three years in the family business working for relative peanuts while I watched my uncles piss the company away. I hated every minute of it and only stayed in it for the benefits.

In August I figured out that they were selling the company. I went to them and asked them when the deal (which, of course, was to be a secret) was going to be finalized because I needed to talk to my wife about whether or not to stay. I told them that I worked for peanuts because they were family but I was not going to drive 75 miles one way to work for peanuts for a person I did not know. Of course it helped that I am the only one here who knows how to do the job I do.

One of my uncles asked me how much I thought I was worth so I tossed out an unreasonable number. I hated the job and was hoping to be told to go to hell.

I got the number I tossed out...!

And new boss, and I don't answer to my uncles and I enjoy working now.

Go figger.

So we had a company wide meeting yesterday. The 10% reduction in pay has been officially lifted. So pair that with my earlier raise its like I just got a 33% raise. My wife went and had a meeting with her dean yesterday about a raise, and before she could even start, he stopped her and you are grossly underpaid and I have already submitted paperwork to bring you up to where you belong. Things are starting to look good in the Chad house. I guess I am just a pessimist because I can't help but think something bad is right around the corner.

So we had a company wide meeting yesterday. The 10% reduction in pay has been officially lifted. So pair that with my earlier raise its like I just got a 33% raise. My wife went and had a meeting with her dean yesterday about a raise, and before she could even start, he stopped her and you are grossly underpaid and I have already submitted paperwork to bring you up to where you belong. Things are starting to look good in the Chad house. I guess I am just a pessimist because I can't help but think something bad is right around the corner.

Congrats on the good fortune...if that's not a jinx.

My wife and I got some nice salary adjustments/raises (promotion for me) during the last year and half...but now the tax man wants $2K! Interestingly, the child deductible that gave us $1K per kid is now only giving us $700 for the pair. So that's our "bad", which in the grand scheme we'll take.

Congrats on the good fortune...if that's not a jinx.

My wife and I got some nice salary adjustments/raises (promotion for me) during the last year and half...but now the tax man wants $2K! Interestingly, the child deductible that gave us $1K per kid is now only giving us $700 for the pair. So that's our "bad", which in the grand scheme we'll take.

Yeah, as the salary goes up, the tax breaks go down. We can't even deduct all of the interest we pay on student loans anymore and even with all of the freakin medical bills we have, we can't deduct them because our income is too high.

Yeah, as the salary goes up, the tax breaks go down. We can't even deduct all of the interest we pay on student loans anymore and even with all of the freakin medical bills we have, we can't deduct them because our income is too high.

Oh yeah, we got that student issue too...

The level at which I'm willing to be audited and then go to jail to not pay my taxes never existed until now. I'll gladly pay them as soon as Trump pays all the taxes he avoided with his bankruptcies and loopholes...right now, however, I'd so rather have them fuck right off.

Back