Minecraft anyone?

wagdog

Ack
Anyone here play this game? I've been sucked in. It's painfully simple, yet has ever increasing amounts of complexity and cool stuff as you get deeper into the game.

I play off and on.
My dad and youngest nephew are way way into it :grin: They build enormous castles and towns, and do all kinds of red stone circuitry that I don't fully understand.

It's really addictive once you get into it because it really can be anything you want it to be. I try to approach it with a role playing frame of mind, my dad is all about exploiting the mechanics to make the craziest automated machines, Some people recreate monuments, and there are a lot of YouTube clips of people setting up PVP servers. I haven't tried that yet but it looks like fun.

My kids love it. I set them up a small server so they can play with a couple of friends from school. I've never played the game.

My son and all of his friends are totally addicted to it. In fact most of his elementary school seems to be obsessed with it.

His Halloween costume last year was a skeleton archer...
skeletonarcher.jpg

Good stuff - love that costume!

My youngest, who is now 18, has been playing for about 3 years I believe. He's now writing mods for it, which is really cool.

I really just started playing it myself, didn't really get it when I tried it a few years ago. There is something for everyone that game though. I like that you can take a mental break and just sort of mindlessly mine for resources, or actively pursue a task like build a farm, or build whatever you want. The redstone circuits are cool as well. There is a mod called computercraft that puts programmable computers in the game as well.

My 9-year-ols son is way into it.
I don't know much about it, myself.

My 7 year old is obsessed. Mods and all. It's like a digital lego set only way cooler. Ive played on xbox 360 and when I realized how I could dump endless days into it I quit.

Just bought it. One of my friends plays and he convinced me. @Tiltsta, how's the private server thing work? Oh, nevermind. It's a simple download :grin:

My 7 year old is obsessed. Mods and all. It's like a digital lego set only way cooler. Ive played on xbox 360 and when I realized how I could dump endless days into it I quit.
My 8 year old is completely obsessed with it as well. We've had to restrict his iPad time severely.

Just bought it. One of my friends plays and he convinced me. @Tiltsta, how's the private server thing work? Oh, nevermind. It's a simple download :grin:
Check out the bukkit server if you want add plug-ins, of which there are many.

My 8 year old is completely obsessed with it as well. We've had to restrict his iPad time severely.
Does he play it on the computer as well? I tried the iOS demo but didn't like it as much as on the computer.

Check out the bukkit server if you want add plug-ins, of which there are many.

Does he play it on the computer as well? I tried the iOS demo but didn't like it as much as on the computer.
not on the computer. I won't even hint that its available for anything other than the IOS devices in the house.

My 10 year old daughter is hooked.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Ok I went way down the rabbit hole. Set up a server for me and my buddy to play on but couldn't handle the random disconnects on my work and home connections so I sprung for a minecraft-specific VPS. :facepalm: It's actually not a bad deal at $5/month for a 20-player sever with 1GB ram :embarrassed:

Ok I went way down the rabbit hole. Set up a server for me and my buddy to play on but couldn't handle the random disconnects on my work and home connections so I sprung for a minecraft-specific VPS. :facepalm: It's actually not a bad deal at $5/month for a 20-player sever with 1GB ram :embarrassed:

:-D

My daughter is so hooked, she can often be found sitting in front of a PC playing it on one screen, with a laptop on her lap with it on another screen.

She also has the Xbox version...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

I used to be an admin for a gaming group (Skial) that had a Minecraft server. We built some pretty nifty stuff on it, but mostly goofed off on it and blew stuff up. I built a volcano once.

Well, it looks like the 1.7.2 update borked something. Can't login to my server, and it appears as though I'm not the only one. Hope they fix it quick, there is nothing going on at work today :embarrassed:

watched my drummer's gal's kids play it once.
wanted to strangle both of them

though that really had nothing to do with the game itself.
just horrible children and a bad hangover.

Ah. Apparently you have to pick what version you want to play in the launcher. Now it works. Carry on :lol:

Back