Might not be the best backing track, but...

I want to give this a try later, I like the track, didn't have time to do much with it today, but want to try to come up with something later.

Played along with it a little more this weekend, and definitely am going to attempt to see what I can do with it, but might still be a while before I get it done.

I gave this a shot this afternoon. Was having one of those days (like most, it seems) when I was really frustrated with everything I played, and even more so with anything I tried to record. So I gave up & went & worked in the yard for a while, came back in and figured I'd give this a try before I gave up completely for the day.

I'm not too impressed with it either, but it sounded a little better than I expected. Seems pretty limited on ideas, and the end kind of crept up on me before I expected it.

I'm hoping to do a better version of it later on, but at least I can say I did a little bit of something constructive today, instead of wasting the whole afternoon and coming up with nothing.

Last edited:
That sounds good Jay. It makes me realize how close this backing track is to 'Can't You See'. :embarrassed:

Really nice. There are some great phrases in there.

Thanks, guys. I was thinking today, I'm getting better at avoiding the wrong notes, just need to come up with more interesting ways to play the right ones! There were a few phrases in there I liked, but would like to have varied it more, instead of pretty much the same kinds of ideas all the way through. It was fun, though.

Still might play with it some more later, and see what I can come up with.

i like it, i even wrote lyrics while I was listening to it play.

It turned into a song in my head and I have to let my peoples go..

The BPM is a little off with the melody I am hearing but all in all, it worked on paper, as I was listening along.

Kind of reminds me melodically of parts of "melissa" by Allmans.

Thanks, guys. I was thinking today, I'm getting better at avoiding the wrong notes, just need to come up with more interesting ways to play the right ones! There were a few phrases in there I liked, but would like to have varied it more, instead of pretty much the same kinds of ideas all the way through. It was fun, though.

Still might play with it some more later, and see what I can come up with.

+1...I have the same problem...but it'll come...I know it!:thu:

Back