Might have the forum down for a few minutes this afternoon....

It's just a front end portal based on different software.
But it's two separate instances of SQL with separate actual databases which are mirrored or two front ends feeding off the same database? Cuz it's markweinguitarlessons.com that has the portal front end but mwglforums.com usually just goes straight to the forum... Is there a redirect to bypass the portal that we're not seeing on mwglforums.com? I know I set something like that up on geargeek.net when I actually cared about running a forum. LOL

OH MY GOD. I spent all of my working day, at work, working, yesterday, staring at the screen in disbelief that it could be down for so long.

After the disbelief came anger. After the anger, depression. So many wasted work hours, being either angry or depressed.

Luckily my working day was saved when I discovered an abundance of funny animal videos on Youtube. Hurrah!

I actually visited HCGJ and considered retrieving my password. :(

Probably wouldn't have worked anyway :embarrassed:

But it's two separate instances of SQL with separate actual databases which are mirrored or two front ends feeding off the same database? Cuz it's markweinguitarlessons.com that has the portal front end but mwglforums.com usually just goes straight to the forum... Is there a redirect to bypass the portal that we're not seeing on mwglforums.com? I know I set something like that up on geargeek.net when I actually cared about running a forum. LOL

Yeah, we've got the virtual hosts setup so that mwglforums goes right to the forums while the other stops at the root and loads the portal software.

Xenforo didn't offer a front end portal (still don't I think). So, it had to be "tacked on". It's not a bad thing though. The developers' experience with that kind of thing told them it was a bad idea to try to do it. Most of them were at vB during the CMS and blog add-on days.

Back