Mid-Atlantic Weiners: I have officially declared winter is over

and we're gonna get snow again on Tuesday.....and Tuesday night is going down to 26 :mad:

it's the godamn winter that will NOT end.

Condolences.

Its in the 70s...I am wearing shorts and just went for a bike ride.

oh yea....so am I......NOW........in 3 days all that goes away.

it may get very close to 80 tomorrow....but Tuesday night is now being called 25......55 degree change :mad:

I can't believe that it's going to be down to freezing again in DC, with the slight chance of snow. SO OVER THIS. Looking forward to that week of spring we'll have before it's 100 degrees for 4 months.

"Global warming" was a misnomer, but climatic extremes are quite real and way past the argument stage. Temperature highs and lows, precipitation and/or drought, and storm intensities are just starting to ramp up.
Buckle up, kids... It's gonna' be a fun ride! munch0 (unless food supplies are impacted)

Last edited:
It got into the low 40s here last night - super rare for mid-April.

I'm not complaining; there is plenty of time for it to get hot later.

Saturday was the first real short sleeves day here. was 75 yesterday. supposed to be in the 40s the next two days.

Almost 70 right now. They are talking about it getting chilly over night but back into the high 50s tomorrow, which is more in line with seasonal temps

next town over (abut 25mins away) got something like 6" of snow a couple days ago.
we only got a couple inches here. that's something, anyways

On Saturday, it was 87 degrees in Charleston, WV.

Today it is snowing. Tonight's low is in the mid 20s.

Back up to the 50s tomorrow, and upper 60s after that.

My Amish neighbors are all pissed off about the freeze warning tonight. They have stuff planted already. I don't like them so find it amusing.

update. low tonight will be 17° F......which will be the coldest temp in april since 1875. this will be the 11th cold/snow record broken in 2014. :mad:

Last edited:
Y'all a bunch a whiney pussies.
When I was kid we had to build giant bonfires to keep the glaciers from encroaching on the Aztec pyramids.

Reactions: Tig
Torrential downpours yesterday and 32 degrees this AM

There was a nice big icy patch on the way into work this morning and I watched a woman in a compact SUV spin out and go across three lanes, directly into oncoming traffic (me and 5 other cars coming off the expressway and a school bus). Fortunately we all stopped in time but I'm guessing she is going to need a change of underwear today :grin:

Back