Gig Spam Micwalt/OGG bring teh rawk. (Balls of steel edition)

OGG

Master of the Meh
Well lads,

Less than a week now remains for the world to prepare themselves for the big WeinWorld double bill.

Next Tuesday night our respective bands will storm the stage at my favorite local venue, Brick by Brick for what promises to be a truly epic evening.

I really hope we can pull a decent crowd, because honestly. .. I really believe that there are not two finer cover bands in San Diego.

In a twist of what can only be described as small scale mass hysteria, The Obscure80's went way off of the original plan on a whim last night.

We have had very little time to practice for this show, mostly due to the drummer having to deal with elderly parents both suffering major medical issues within days of each other.

We were therefore going to play it fairly safe and work from a set list of songs that are mostly gravy for us.

But, in the FIAT on the way to meet the other guys at the studio last night, the bass player and I had a crazy idea...

Two for Tuesday.

We realized that there are several bands that we have at one time or other, covered more than one song. INXS, The Fixx, A Flock of Seagulls, Psychedelic Furs, Devo etc. Some of these songs we haven't touched in months. So with 6 days before the show, we ditched the original set list in favor of an entirely different list comprised of several tunes we haven't played in ages, along with FOUR completely new songs that were added just this week.

Balls of steel.

We are going to have a late night practice tomorrow night, and that's it. This should be interesting. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

Anyway, I am super excited to finally share the stage with @micwalt , we've been talking about for what seems like forever and it's finally about to happen.

I sure wish we could get some Weiners to attend. Hopefully we'll get some good video to share.

Well lads,

Less than a week now remains for the world to prepare themselves for the big WeinWorld double bill.

Next Tuesday night our respective bands will storm the stage at my favorite local venue, Brick by Brick for what promises to be a truly epic evening.

I really hope we can pull a decent crowd, because honestly. .. I really believe that there are not two finer cover bands in San Diego.

In a twist of what can only be described as small scale mass hysteria, The Obscure80's went way off of the original plan on a whim last night.

We have had very little time to practice for this show, mostly due to the drummer having to deal with elderly parents both suffering major medical issues within days of each other.

We were therefore going to play it fairly safe and work from a set list of songs that are mostly gravy for us.

But, in the FIAT on the way to meet the other guys at the studio last night, the bass player and I had a crazy idea...

Two for Tuesday.

We realized that there are several bands that we have at one time or other, covered more than one song. INXS, The Fixx, A Flock of Seagulls, Psychedelic Furs, Devo etc. Some of these songs we haven't touched in months. So with 6 days before the show, we ditched the original set list in favor of an entirely different list comprised of several tunes we haven't played in ages, along with FOUR completely new songs that were added just this week.

Balls of steel.

We are going to have a late night practice tomorrow night, and that's it. This should be interesting. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

Anyway, I am super excited to finally share the stage with @micwalt , we've been talking about for what seems like forever and it's finally about to happen.

I sure wish we could get some Weiners to attend. Hopefully we'll get some good video to share.
please post the address and times. Pretty sure I can't make it but you never know.

I would love to see that show. Between the 2 bands, you guys have most of my 80s covered. You just need to add a band that plays 80s punk, I would be all set.

If I were anywhere close I'd make it a point to see it. After seeing clips of both of your guys' bands, it'd be great to catch a live show. Y'all are some talented mofo's.

That should indeed be an epic show. I will be there in spirit.

We have had more than one show where we have played a song with no rehearsal. In fact at our last show we had an audience member, who used to be in a band with our other guitar player, come onstage for two songs. One of which was Foxy Lady. Which I know but have never played in my life. So I played it for the first time ever in front of a live audience. I freakin' love doing stuff like that.

Man, I really wish this weren't on a Tuesday. It's nigh impossible to get any 40-50-somethings with kids out on a weeknight.
But regardless of crowd (or lack thereof), we'll have a blast playing with OGG's band.
If anyone's anywhere near the area, come on down!

If I had taken the 90-day layoff my company did 2 weeks ago, I would've tried to make it. 90 days was just too long though (Chrysler plant in Windsor that we supply shut down for re-tooling).

Back