Micro toggle switch source?

wagdog

Ack
I'm looking for source for a micro spdt on-on toggle switch. The ones I'm looking for are similar to the switch MESA uses on their amps.

Anyone have a source? I've checked eBay and the ones I've found are too big.

Whatcha doing with it?

I'm probably going to be ordering a couple on-off-on DPDT switches for modding the PicoValve soon. :tongue:

Glad you found one with holes. I had a pot like that before and it was a pain to connect wire to. I think they are for direct mounting to a PCB.
Yeah, they are for pc board mount. You can make a loop with the wire and get a solid connection after soldering.... but I like the positive mechanical connection of the wire through the loop before soldering - it's the right way to do things.

Ordered from mammoth. Got a few other switches as well. I appreciate that they offer usps shipping for small items; I hate paying $12 or more for UPS or Fedex to ship stuff that easily fits in a small padded envelope. Plus usps delivers on Saturday.

This is what's installed right now. I'm hoping the new switch will be half its height.
class5_01.JPG

Whatcha doin with that amp?
I put a bunch of mods in it from a thread I found on the les paul forum. Pretty much these were tonal mods to bring it more in line w/a plexi... as much as could be within the limits of 2 preamp tubes and a single-end output section.

Stock, it sounded like it had a blanket over it and the tone stack was pretty much worthless. Anything above 4 on the dial sounded farty/splatty. With the mods it's cleanish up to about 3.5, then it develops a nice marshally crunch as the vol moves up.

That toggle switch adds capacitance to the cathode of the first 12ax7 triode; less is good with w/humbuckers and more is good w/single coils. It sounds fuller with more capacitance.

I've grown to really like the amp; it's light and pretty darn loud. When played through my MESA 1x12 cab with a MESA (branded) Black Shadow it sounds amazing. It sounds pretty good through the stock 1x10 speaker in the combo cab, but I'm considering building a new baffle and picking up a used MESA Black Shadow for it - it sounds that much better. Of course, the MESA cab might have something to do with it too. I'm thinking if I front mount the speaker and offset it that can fit it in (it's tight in there).

I'll probably add one more switch to it to toggle a bright cap across the vol control (I had hard wired it in).

Maybe I missed it....
What model amp is it?
Is cascaded gain staging an option for more gain here?
Marshall Class 5.

Not much to play with circuit wise. There is one triode configured as a cathode follower before the tone stack. I could cut the traces on the board and configure it as a gain stage. Not really needed though as there is plenty of gain already, and overloading a single-ended power section gets farty and non-musical real fast.

Back