Michael Kelly striped ebony Telecaster

I like this one more betterer.
MK1953BJW.png

I remember when those came out. I really, really like that. I was so stoked that the local Mom and Pop caries MK and, they had one. If you count how many stripes there are, 30?, 50?, on the guitar they had, there were 10 or 12 much wider stripes. Fugly guitar.

I remember when those came out. I really, really like that. I was so stoked that the local Mom and Pop caries MK and, they had one. If you count how many stripes there are, 30?, 50?, on the guitar they had, there were 10 or 12 much wider stripes. Fugly guitar.

How did it play/sound?

How did it play/sound?

You think my memory is that good :grin:

Had to look up my "report".

Didn't bring the LP. Brought the Tak acoustic. Stamp inside says Dec. 6 1987, so son thought it deserved new strings on it's birthday. I suspect he just didn't want anybody toughing his LP.

The MK Tele. What they had in the store looked nothing like the pic. the blue, and white stripes were ten times bigger than the pic in the link in the OP. Some people like flamed tops, some don't, I'm one of those that does. The one in the store was hideous. If I didn't go there to check out that particular guitar, I would of never pulled it down off the wall. If you decide to order one of these from somewhere, get them to get you a pic of the actual guitar.

The "binding" was bigger than what it looked like in the video. 1/2 inch. Not binding just no finish. I think that means the maple top is 1/2 inch thick.

The neck was a little thin. Personal taste thing there. Neck felt good but, fret board could of been smoother.

It played good. It sounded good. The bridge pickup, the stacked single coil, is splitable... It sounds dead when the knob is pushed in. Sounds great when you pull it out, just wonder why they went to all that effort, with such poor results. Could of just put a normal single coil in there, and saved some money.

Really a nice guitar. Nicer than a Squire. Not as nice as a Revered. If this one looked like the picture, it would of been hard to not bring it home.

Back