Michael Jordan needs you to buy his house…

I never understand why mansions have so many bathrooms. This house has nine bedrooms, why does it need fifteen full bathrooms? In case you spill gravy on your hand at dinner and absolutely must have a shower immediately?

I never understand why mansions have so many bathrooms. This house has nine bedrooms, why does it need fifteen full bathrooms? In case you spill gravy on your hand at dinner and absolutely must have a shower immediately?
When your house is that big, you can have a lot of guests even if they don’t spend the night.

Plus, if you think of a bedroom as sleeping 2, that’s 18 overnight guests. My wife hates sharing a bathroom, so 15 is a pretty good count especially if some of those are far away from the bedrooms… like by the court.

I saw the answer on ESPN once.

Larry Bird is at his house a lot to play basketball. And he likes to take a bath afterwards but has trouble walking very far because of his bad back. They also need separate bathrooms far enough away that they don't hear each other in case they both need to go number 2.

I've viewed the pictures before. It's a nice house, but if I was spending that kind of money I would buy something like the Benjamin Seigel house in Detroit (2.5 million right now), or the Nabisco house in Saint Louis (2.0 million). Much cheaper, classier, not a 'McMansion' like Jordan's house.

If I had to stay in Chicago there are some big 1920s mansions in Lake County that are cheaper and classier, or some of the huge row homes on Chicago's Gold Coast area.

And now for your moment of local pedantry…

Well actually, this home is not in Chicago as Highland Park is way the hell up there where Ravinia is and definitely is the suburbs. Jordan’s home has been something of a running joke in real estate for years now—similar to R. Kelly’s dumb unsaleable home in Olympia Fields in the south burbs. If any of you do buy this Jordan house, watch out because Highland Park is full of terrible drivers, frisky chipmunks, and Billy Corgan.

@Jbird, there ain’t no part of Lake County that counts as “stay[ing] in Chicago.”

Should you be more inclined to live in the south burbs vs the north shore…

If any of you move into the R. Kelly house I can give you the Official Peen Simmons Tour of Peen Simmons’ Ancestral Homeland. I mean, this mansion is but a mile away from the disgusting broke down Arby’s that is now a mediocre taqueria and but a short drive to the pile of rubble that used to be the shopping mall where Peen Simmons grew up.

Last edited:

Well actually, this home is not in Chicago as Highland Park is way the hell up there where Ravinia is and definitely is the suburbs. Jordan’s home has been something of a running joke in real estate for years now—similar to R. Kelly’s dumb unsaleable home in Olympia Fields in the south burbs. If any of you do buy this Jordan house, watch out because Highland Park is full of terrible drivers, frisky chipmunks, and Billy Corgan.

@Jbird, there ain’t no part of Lake County that counts as “stay[ing] in Chicago.”

If any of you move into the R. Kelly house I can give you the Official Peen Simmons Tour of Peen Simmons’ Ancestral Homeland. I mean, this mansion is but a mile away from the disgusting broke down Arby’s that is now a mediocre taqueria and but a short drive to the pile of rubble that used to be the shopping mall where Peen Simmons grew up.

That house is very… well, like, if Liberace and Bill Cosby had a clone? That’d be his house.

Where do you and deebo find these off-brand content farm sites? lol

usaexplorers.uk, lawnstarters, etc.

Funny thing about this site is that it seems to be almost entirely 50 Cent-related drama. :embarrassed:

If I had 15 million to buy a former NBA players home, I'll take Reggie's. He lives in 'The Bu'.
I don't even have a picture.
Yes, it could burn, or fall into the ocean.

20240304_084718.jpg

Reactions: Tig

If talking about inside Chicago city limits, if I had scads of money I would probably buy something like this. North side, just off Broadway I believe, and 'only' $3million:

Honestly.... I would think that Jordan would be willing to deal with it being on the market for so long, and it seems like it could be turned into a very exclusive VRBO or Basketball Lover's Hotel.... with Gym Access, Jordan memorabilia.... not just a home but a destination. It probably wouldn't make millions of dollars... but compared to a single residence that costs millions in taxes to live in and maintain, it could be a more equitable option. :shrug:

US properties have done some crazy shit over the past couple years... I had someone offer me a piece of river front property for under $200K right at the beginning of Covid, but my wife was hemming and hawing about if we could get packed up out of our house....

... even if we had never moved into it, I could have sold it for 2 or 3x as much last year. :annoyed:

Have some sense, man.

What if you’re getting home and you’re in the garage and the power is down or if there’s a problem with the elevator?

Do you have to run to the home building every time you’re recording some music or if you’re playing tennis with your buddies?

When @DdBob is spending the summer at your pool house, do you want him to wake everyone up in the middle of the night by setting off the security alarms just because he’s too high to remember the passcode?

Have some real sense. :facepalm:

I don’t usually price out mansions and compare but at $14 million is that significantly overpriced for that area and the original starting price of $29 million just nuts?

Back