Hot or Not? MGK Twangcaster Pine Barncaster

Wow. You guys are getting just brutal on Mike Gee as those folks over at tdpri...:messedup:

He posted in response to a lot of bashing going on over at the tele forums.

Lighten up!

Wow. You guys are getting just brutal on Mike Gee as those folks over at tdpri...:messedup:

Lighten up!
What is interesting is that there are a lot of folks who like the guitar or had something positive to say about it. I would think that if you are putting something out into the marketplace that is that specific in style that you'd have to expect people to be somewhat opinionated about it. I get both ends of it myself with video lessons and even my album...just how it is in the age of the internet.

Mark I hear ya. Its just to the point these days where if no one speaks up every now and then we're doomed to living in a closet with only a Computer and High Speed internet. The end of civility will be our undoing. What ever happened to communicating with one another, asking questions, ect. This forum is not as bad as others, but Drive By slams are like Graffiti on the side of your new Truck.

Lighten up!
I think the mood was pretty light until his post. Frankly, the thread was dead until he revived it. We're not the Tele forum. If they were being dicks, then that sucks, but it had nothing to do with us.

Mark I hear ya. Its just to the point these days where if no one speaks up every now and then we're doomed to living in a closet with only a Computer and High Speed internet. The end of civility will be our undoing. What ever happened to communicating with one another, asking questions, ect. This forum is not as bad as others, but Drive By slams are like Graffiti on the side of your new Truck.
True.... some of the guys have a little smoother way of dealing with it though is all I think I'm saying.

I learned the hard way early on. Now I keep my bad reviews in a thread here: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/more-comments-from-planet-youtube.5985/ - always good for a laugh....

This is the best one from a gig. I keep it framed into office:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410826791.519232.jpg

I have to admire the fact you try to keep prices down to a reasonable level, as high prices for questionable value is one of my frequent complaints.

But keep in mind we see quite a few of these threads, and at least speaking for myself, it tends to be a first impression hot/not decision. It's not personal.

But keep in mind we see quite a few of these threads, and at least speaking for myself, it tends to be a first impression hot/not decision. It's not personal.

As a builder it is hard to not take it personally. It is something you put time, sweat and effort into. It's really no different than having your music or abilities thrashed on.

But... You have to learn to deal with it and accept that if you are worried about what people think of you online then maybe it's time to become an accountant (then obsess over your Yelp reviews!).

Reactions: Tig
I think the mood was pretty light until his post. Frankly, the thread was dead until he revived it. We're not the Tele forum. If they were being dicks, then that sucks, but it had nothing to do with us.

The post that jaxn slim quoted was from the tele forum after they had been bashing his work for months for the most part. Then it started picking up from here since his post was copied over here. :Wave:

The post that jaxn slim quoted was from the tele forum after they had been bashing his work for months for the most part. Then it started picking up from here since his post was copied over here. :Wave:
The post I quoted was from this forum. It was from this thread.

It looks like (on my phone) that Mike Gee deleted his post that jaxn quoted. That's fine but it wasn't copied from another forum.

Getting back to the guitars.

First one - Like the pine body and love the Volume and Tone knobs. Not a fan of the tin scratchplate plus I like 22/24 frets on my necks. If it was a 22 fret machine, knowing I'd be dropping a new scratchplate on it would not be a deal breaker.

Second one - The relicing marks are a bit much for me, particularly on the white bit.

Both - I'd drop a 6 saddle bridge on both as I'm not a fan of the three saddle ashtray types. Again given the purchase prices, not a deal breaker.

Back