Hot or Not? MGK Twangcaster Pine Barncaster

Really depends on how cheap that they got or made the bodies for...

Last year I picked up two rough pine bodies for $19 a piece. I also picked up two tele necks for $50. Go figure!

Sometimes there are deals to be found. I imagine not counting time and effort when all is said and done I will have two pine barncasters for less than $300

Barn_Casters_00.jpg

Last year I picked up two rough pine bodies for $19 a piece. I also picked up two tele necks for $50. Go figure!

Sometimes there are deals to be found. I imagine not counting time and effort when all is said and done I will have two pine barncasters for less than $300

Barn_Casters_00.jpg

DAMN IT... I WANT THAT ONE ON THE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................. :eek:

Barn_Casters_00.jpg

True Scott- but you're not trying to make a living of it.

Trust me. I get wholesale on my parts and pickups and I couldn't even put together a parts caster with good quality parts for under 400 bucks (not even including a case) just in materials and parts.

The cheapest guitar I make is 2000 dollars for a reason.

Trust me. I get wholesale on my parts and pickups and I couldn't even put together a parts caster with good quality parts for under 400 bucks (not even including a case) just in materials and parts.

I thought the reason your cheapest guitar was $2000 was because you make kick ass guitars? :grin:

Reactions: Tig
I'd like it a lot more if the pickguard was copper with a nice patina. The price makes me think it's a piece of shit, though.

Reactions: Tig
Not exactly what I'm looking for, but the price is great. I agree an aged copper guard would look better than the section of stall wall the cow liked to piss on.

make a living no... but I have built quite a few on the cheap like this one for $350

Quilted_Tele_Zuul_13_01.jpg

And this one for $500

288628_10150274995063360_8029081_o.jpg

I only build about 6 a year and usually sell 4 of the 6 but good stuff can be done on a budget

Now then... That being said I do not usually account for labor because well... I really do not want to know if I have 40 hours into a body or 100 hours into a neck.

Back