Metallica to do week-long residency on 'The Late Late Show'

Nope.....thirty years ago maybe.....

Fixed that for you.

Then again, Metallica are kind of like Prince. They kick ass live, but since 1991 their albums have been mostly crappy filler tracks. Not that I’m saying Metallica’s live playing is in the same ballpark as Prince—even Purple Yoda’s drumming is better—but still.

I saw Metallica at Monsters of Rock back in the 80s. I feel asleep during their set in the middle of the afternoon. So them being on at 11:30 pm doesn't look good for me staying up to watch them.

I saw Metallica at Monsters of Rock back in the 80s. I feel asleep during their set in the middle of the afternoon. So them being on at 11:30 pm doesn't look good for me staying up to watch them.
I loved them in 1988 at Monsters of Rock although part of that was the fun of being at a riot in the LA coliseum. :embarrassed:

I loved them in 1988 at Monsters of Rock although part of that was the fun of being at a riot in the LA coliseum. :embarrassed:

I loved the rest of the bill, but Metallica has never really done anything for me. They just never clicked for me. Even Kingdom Come was better live than they were. :embarrassed:

Metallica is one of those bands that just never did anything for me. Not sure why. They have a pretty huge fan base, I'm just not one of them. :shrug:

So my answer to the OP is "no"...not for me anyway.

I liked a few songs but overall they just didn't do it for me. When I was in Germany And Justice For All came out. I loved it. I think it was because there were very very few Rock albums that came out to our PX. We bought anything that even looked interesting. When a newbie came we were like vultures-"what albums do you have?"

Fixed that for you.

Then again, Metallica are kind of like Prince. They kick ass live, but since 1991 their albums have been mostly crappy filler tracks. Not that I’m saying Metallica’s live playing is in the same ballpark as Prince—even Purple Yoda’s drumming is better—but still.

Prince's latest albums (he released two together) were quite enjoyable for me. And he's a killer live act.

I saw Metallica on the Black Album tour. They were great live then. No interest in them now...at all.

I was introduced to thrash through Metallica, but at this point i'd MUCH rather listen to Megadeth. I'd watch a week of that for sure. :embarrassed:

Back