Metallica... In a nutshell

Metallica is the musical equivalent of Jack Daniels tee shirts and Harley merch. Obvious tough guy signifiers for "the wrong kind of white people." They've been a successful brand much longer than they've been a vital band.

I really like this one.

giphy.gif

Metallica is the musical equivalent of Jack Daniels tee shirts and Harley merch. Obvious tough guy signifiers for "the wrong kind of white people." They've been a successful brand much longer than they've been a vital band.

this

were you of "on yer own" album buying back in the ride the lightning and Master of Puppets days? Because I think for those of us WHO WERE THERE probably have a different view of Metallica..they changed the Metal game...they were the Nirvana of Grunge...Megadeath, Exodus, Slayer...those were pretty much the big three but Mettalica had the whole package. Oddly enough The Grateful Dead were also a brand and they were from S.F as well and even moar oddly enough Metallica has now been around as a band longer than The G.D. fwetiw (for whatever that is worth)....basically it is what it is *spits*

were you of "on yer own" album buying back in the ride the lightning and Master of Puppets days? Because I think for those of us WHO WERE THERE probably have a different view of Metallica..they changed the Metal game...they were the Nirvana of Grunge...Megadeath, Exodus, Slayer...those were pretty much the big three but Mettalica had the whole package. Oddly enough The Grateful Dead were also a brand and they were from S.F as well and even moar oddly enough Metallica has now been around as a band longer than The G.D. fwetiw (for whatever that is worth)....basically it is what it is *spits*

Metal...don't care. A bunch of shouty, angry suck.

Back