McMansions from Hell

Every work of art is also a work of criticism, for better or worse.

At any rate, you're wrong. Humans will be reading Aristotle, Samuel Johnson, and Dorothy Parker long after most novelists are forgotten. In fact, that's already true.

Apples and oranges. Your comparing those at the top of their field to those at the bottom.

Anywho

Those future humans wouldnt be reading much of anything at all if creative designers hadnt developed the technology to reproduce and distribute the material.

Im sure some schmuck was on the ground at Kitty Hawk bemoaning the aesthetic of the Wright flyer. You know who that was? Yeah, me neither.

Last edited:
With the money they spent on some of those houses, I'd rather have something smaller, more efficient, and well built. Perhaps solar panels and a wind turbine generator.

Let them enjoy their Crappy Meal homes.
maxresdefault.jpg

I wonder how many people who are hating all over this thread can't actually afford a McMansion.
Or, some kind of jealousy thing exists there.

Buy whatever you want, live however you want.
Your money.
If you don't like it, go fuck yourself. In your one-bedroom apartment with your busted-ass furniture, run-down car, and your broke-ass guitar kit.
All alone. Probably masturbating.

Who cares one way or the other?
You pay your money and you take your choice.....who are you to judge one way or the other?

I got no place for this hate in my life.
Shit, if that's what people are worked up about, and they live in an apartment, they can go get fucked as far as I'm concerned.

Last time I heard, we were devoid of princes and heirs to millions on this board. We all work a job......bitching about the architecture of somebody's home? Fucking lame.

I wonder how many people who are hating all over this thread can't actually afford a McMansion.

Your money.
If you don't like it, go fuck yourself. In your one-bedroom apartment.
All alone.

You pay your money and you take your choice.....who are you to judge one way or the other?

Nobody in this thread has judged anyone for living in a McMansion, a bachelor apartment, a van down by the river, or a cardboard box underneath the freeway where the hobo proctologists gather. That was never the argument. It just got vacuumed in when someone got unnecessarily defensive.

Reactions: Tig

Your money.
If you don't like it, go fuck yourself. In your one-bedroom apartment with your busted-ass furniture, run-down car, and your broke-ass guitar kit.
All alone. Probably masturbating.

I got no place for this hate in my life.
Shit, if that's what people are worked up about, and they live in an apartment, they can go get fucked as far as I'm concerned.

Last time I heard, we were devoid of princes and heirs to millions on this board. We all work a job......bitching about the architecture of somebody's home? Fucking lame.

Bro, do you even architecture?

Bro, do you even architecture?

Nah. I appreciate old, antique, etc.....but I also see the need for the McMansions.

You ever try to install a door in a 1785 farmhouse? Good luck with that shit. Replace a floor? Replace a bathroom? Fucking horror show.

Craftsmanship, my ass. 200+ years of Band-Aids is more like it.

Drop a golf ball on the floor. Watch it roll all the way across to the doorway......nope.

Hanging a pre-hung door or window? Fucking impossible.

Going and buying one at Home Depot which fits perfectly? A lot to be said for that.

I just don't get all the hate.

I can kinda appreciate the anti McMansion argument about consuming a lot of land, resources, etc. But if somebody really wants to make a difference in that regard theyd be a lot better off to volunteer their time working on downtown revitalization projects or whatever instead of creating a bitch-blog.

I can kinda appreciate the anti McMansion argument about consuming a lot of land, resources, etc. But if somebody really wants to make a difference in that regard theyd be a lot better off to volunteer their time working on downtown revitalization projects or whatever instead of creating a bitch-blog.

Stephen Covey everybody...

I'll bike through subdivisions of them sometimes and if it happens to be a garbage day I'll see endless boxes of little ceasars $5 pizzas. And there are tons of other options.

:lol:

I'll bike through subdivisions of them sometimes and if it happens to be a garbage day I'll see endless boxes of little ceasars $5 pizzas. And there are tons of other options.

:lol:

And does that affect you in some way? Who cares?

I must say that my gated community high-density tract housing is vastly superior to a mcmansion. Yesterday I went to work really early and saw my neighbor's reasonably hot wife bending over in the driveway to pick up the newspaper. Nice boob flash. In a mcmansion the offset from the street would be too far back to allow such an event.

Yeah well thats the free market for ya. :shrug:

Quality of product and ethical business practices arent the only things that enter into consumer decisions. Theres also price, convenience, etc.

I must say that my gated community high-density tract housing is vastly superior to a mcmansion. Yesterday I went to work really early and saw my neighbor's reasonably hot wife bending over in the driveway to pick up the newspaper. Nice boob flash. In a mcmansion the offset from the street would be too far back to allow such an event.

In McMansion land you never see the residents. They drive straight into and out of their garages. AC always on. Yardwork is always handled by companies. I see tons of pools, never in use, even on blistering hot weekend days.

Everything looks fake, like you are in a model. Feels like a twilight zone episode.

I love how you guys have this completely homogeneous picture of all mcmansion neighborhoods and the people who live in them. :lol:

Back