McKay Duo Flo

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.destroyallguitars.com/new-arrivals-guitars/item/760-mckay-duo-flo

$6,500.00

item is in stock

DESCRIPTION:
Looking for the ultimate cross between a Les Paul and an ES335 with a touch of ES 175 thrown in for good measure? Well you can stop looking because here it is, courtesy of Ken McKay, the Duo Flo.

The Duo Flo is a guitar that incorporates both solid and semi-hollow characteristics. The construction takes advantage McKay's specially laminated arched top, back and sides with a solid maple (or mahogany) block down the center for plenty of sustain and punch. The spruce contour braces help create its characteristic tone and beauty.

The Duo Flo gives a nod to the past with PAF style humbuckers, vintage style wiring, lightweight aluminum tailpiece and TOM bridge, and vintage Kluson tuners - all adorned with aged gold hardware, yet it is also a modern masterpiece that blends elements of the ES335, Les Paul and ES175. It is a hybrid that puts forth dreamy, dimensional tones - one of those rare guitars that can take the place of three or four guitars in your collection.

McKay's normal fare is tribute guitars, but this one is only a tribute in essence. McKay calls it the Duo Flo because of the double florentine cutaway. It is built like a 335 but has a Les Paul type neck. It is a bit bigger than a Paul with a lower bout at 13 3/4 inches and a longer body. (for comparison, the ES 335 is 16 inches wide). It has a single white binding and double f holes.

SPECS:
- Semi-hollow body construction
- High grade spruce contour bracing top/back
- Laminated maple top/back/sides
- Maple centerblock
- Mahogany kerfed linings and blocks
- Mahogany neck
- Holly peghead with black lacquer
- Nitrocellulose Lacquer

- Autumn burst with aged patina
- Aged gold hardware
- Gold single line Kluson tuners
- 2 volume 2 tone
- Seymour Duncan Antiquity Humbuckers
- 59 wiring
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Vintage correct ivory colored binding

PRICING INFO:
- $6500.00

With those horns, it looks like there's a little SG thrown in there for good measure. Even with all those models represented, it still doesn't add up to $6,500, for me.

Reactions: Tig
Even if I was a billionaire, I wouldn't spend $6500 on it.

Regardless, I'd be happy with a Reverend Manta Ray for a fraction of the price.
1392223140mr_hb_FMTB_main.png

Back